Self made 100% pure chocolate Coco's & nuts, does it harm?

Nothing taste like Nicaraguan Chocolate: After never liking pure chocolate (and hardly even eating milk chocolate) I became fond of making it myself (and eating it) as part of reinventing life as a diabetic. Ok, buying a pound of pure freshly grinded chocolate beans (=paste, first few times I even roosted, peeled and grinded them myself) sets me back little less than 2 UKpounds (living in Nicaragua not only has it drawbacks). I add the meat of 1 fresh coconut (peeled) and coconut oil, 2 handsful of pecan/almond nuts, ample cinnamon and a few drops of vanilla flavor of a local granny so that I don’t even have to add any sugar. Warming it up, mixing it and pooring in a form to stiff it up in the refri. Gives me around 15-20 awesome blocks of pure chocolate/cocos/nuts with hardly any sweet. Can even use it as a breakfast, together with a cup of coffee it’s enough to cheer the status as a diabetic. But, obviously the question remains, is it ok to eat this pure nature present of between 30-70 gram of cacao, taking into consideration as well that it takes away the need to eat something else? Browsing around I find too much conflicting info. Diagnosed half a year ago with 20 mmol and bringing back my BS,Chol&Tri levels very near to normal levels while cutting medicine levels pleases me but the last mile obviously is the most difficult. Hard choices: leaving the rum or chocolate?

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
The only way to find out is to test, eat then test again.