Sensor fell off but sticky strip still on arm

MuttNJeff

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I've filed in the online form for a replacement, but that has no space to add informative details. So I tried to email [email protected] quoting the issue number (I've used that address in the past, because my hearing makes some phone conversations problematic) but the mail was rejected. So I'll mention the oddities here:

1. Sensor was on back of upper right arm (usually I use inside of upper arm, was wondering it the "official" position would lose signal less often - inside of left arm is mostly ok). It worked ok in the early week a couple of days after fitting, then ws losing contact by late Thursday.

2. While I was at home on Saturday afternoon, lost signal. Scanned, ok

3. Later, looked at librelink, again no signal. Pointed phone at where I'd attached sensor, it vibrated but reported it failed to scan. That normally means I didn;t align the correct part of the phone with the sensor. I was wearing a short-sleeved T-shirt, felt to check exactly where sensor was - but no sensor, only the sticky strip (and that part of my arm had not been wet recently). Could not find the sensor, either in that room or in the other parts of my house where I had been. I assume it fell into something.

4. Later, used my phone to look at something else- it came up in librelink with a red alert mark and a message that my sensor had expired and I should fit a new one. I assume that means the sensor was in contact with the app ?.

This all seems very strange to me.

Ushthetaff

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Mountain out of mole hill makers ,queues , crowds , shopping on a Saturday hmm just shopping I guess no matter what day it is
you are better off ringing abbots customer service it’s much quicker, they will send out a replacement in about 3 or4 days

Reactions: ElenaP

MuttNJeff

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
you are better off ringing abbots customer service it’s much quicker, they will send out a replacement in about 3 or4
Please do not assume that everyone can hear as well as you can, or that Abbot's customer service people all have the patience to speak slowly and clearly
Anyway, is it normal for the sensor to disconnect from the adhesive while the adhesive strip stays on the arm ? Ithis is the first one that fell off for me. And I found the initial 'failed to scan' when the sensor had already fallen off very strange.

Ushthetaff

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Mountain out of mole hill makers ,queues , crowds , shopping on a Saturday hmm just shopping I guess no matter what day it is
May
Please do not assume that everyone can hear as well as you can, or that Abbot's customer service people all have the patience to speak slowly and clearly
Anyway, is it normal for the sensor to disconnect from the adhesive while the adhesive strip stays on the arm ? Ithis is the first one that fell off for me. And I found the initial 'failed to scan' when the sensor had already fallen off very strange.
Anyway, is it normal for the sensor to disconnect from the adhesive while the adhesive strip stays on the arm ? Ithis is the first one that fell off for me. And I found the initial 'failed to scan' when the sensor h
maybe you shouldn’t assume that I , , have good hearing I have industrial induce deafness so wear hearing aids to assist me when I’m on the phone , it’s not normal for your stickiness problem but it does happen .