Set change highs again

paulpapa

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi all,

I've posted about this before but I'm really at the end of my tether with this.

Each time I do a set change I get high blood sugars; today it was up to 17.7 today from 9.7.

I've changed from Mio Advance to Sure-T today to test it and that's when I got the 17.7. The consultant thought the Sure-T may help as he thought I was getting bumps from the teflon coating on the Advance/Mio all the time or that the insulin wasn't being absorbed well in my flank area. I've also used hair removal cream on my upper stomach to get a fresh infusion site, so now I'm left with a bald spot and a useless experiment. I can't even tell you how upset, angry and disappointed I am with this.

I was hoping to solve this so I don't spend every 2/3 days chasing these set highs and was looking to upgrade from a 640G to a 780G and self-fund the sensors. Not that I can really afford them, but I just need the burden to be a little less on me as it's really taking an emotional toll. The consultant was also not keen on me doing set change boluses or temps/extended boluses as my workaround as he said the future pump's Auto Mode wouldn't like that.

I'm going to try again a few times with the Sure-T before I move onto the Mio 30 that I have to try next.

Anyone have any tips about what to do? I really can't take this any longer.

Thank you.

Paul

Hopeful34

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Really sorry you're having these problems, it makes life with a pump much harder. I need to bolus for a set change too, so don't have much I can suggest, but just wondered if you leave the old infusion cannula in place for an hour or so after inserting a new one? Doing that helps me. Hope you find a solution soon, as I can understand how frustrating it is, and how it gets to you. Take care.