Setting up group monitoring

simonseaford

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Been thinking about this - lots of the T2 peeps (sorry T1s!) are happy to share their numbers, but in an unstructured way.
Why not share the numbers globally with some fixed data fields so that some smart researchers can use the data and come up with better solutions?
I for example, take by blood pressure and BG every day. I also use MyFirness Pal to monitor my diet, good or bad. I get carbs, proteins etc as a result. Why not plug that in to an online system as well? easy!

ButtterflyLady

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Acceptance of health treatment claims that are not adequately supported by evidence. I dislike it when people sell ineffective and even harmful alternative health products to exploit the desperation of people with chronic illness.
Been thinking about this - lots of the T2 peeps (sorry T1s!) are happy to share their numbers, but in an unstructured way.
Why not share the numbers globally with some fixed data fields so that some smart researchers can use the data and come up with better solutions?
I for example, take by blood pressure and BG every day. I also use MyFirness Pal to monitor my diet, good or bad. I get carbs, proteins etc as a result. Why not plug that in to an online system as well? easy!
Do you find your BP varies much? Mine only gets checked at the doctor's once a month or so. Always under 130/80 because of medication.

Celeriac

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I don't think that would be vigorous enough for researchers. Home BP monitors don't get calibrated and home BG meters can be out by quite a lot. Also, MyFitnessPal lets users add foods and the nutritional information isn't always accurate or even complete. Also, as the Glycemic Index proves, a product in the USA, doesn't necessarily have the same ingredients in the UK or Australia.