sex and hypos

M

mist

Rolling Stones and Mars Bars comes to mind. Before or during but not after

People still do the mars bar thing? lol..I thought that went out with the 90's :D

Prepare in advance is the best thing. Check your levels, eat something if need be.

Yep, I just bumped an ancient thread..deal with it..;)

Gaz-M

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
baked beans
never had a hypo during a rumpy pumpy session but i always have something in the bedroom,kitchen and stairs hahaha handy just incase

charsurb

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
When I was 17 I met up with a boy I had met on "diabetic camp" for the 17 year olds equivalent of a dirty weekend in Blackpool. He was a less controlled type 1 than myself and that weekend had been running quite high and had to keep stopping to pee, it wasn't a very successful weekend. We met up again in Edinburgh for another weekend, this time he went low and being a fussy Scotsman wasn't interested in my fruit pastilles and polos so we stopped, got dressed and went to the corner shop for irn bru. We bought quite a stash just in case it happened again. Good thing we did as later on I needed a sugar boost myself. It was like teenage diabetic control gone wild

I recently went on a date (aged 25 now) with another type one diabetic and couldn't get those clumsy awkward teenage memories of sex hypos out of my head.

I also had a hypo immediately after sex with a man I hadn't known long (but did know that I am diabetic) so excused myself and was gone longer than he expected. I then had to explain that I was just casually eating a trifle naked in the kitchen to prepare for round two.

thingybobby

Type of diabetes
Type 2
D
Hi dont know if this is in the right place but here goes. I was just wondering if been diabetic affects anyone sex life ?
I myself was afraid to have sex when i was first diagnosed then after a few months i started to drink lucozade if i thought sex was on the cards. I have suffered several times with hypos during sex and its not a great turn on for either me or my partner when all we can think about is weather i am going to have a hypo or not. Does this effect anyone else or is it just me being paraniod?
Does no one else suffer diabetic ED, or is this chemically enhanced?

cartery21

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have had this happen too many times. Things are going a ok and then it is no longer just the blood sugar that drops.

ljmercer

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
This is a very old thread but I'm adding to it because diabetes.co.uk tweeted about it.

I'm 18 and have had type 1 diabetes for the last ten and a half years. My boyfriend is also diabetic and he has been so for two and a half years. Him and I have been together for over a year and needless to say sex happens. Only twice have we experienced hypos. Once each on different occasions. We keep Lucozade and Gluco Tabs near the bed just in case but we rarely need them. Instead we often eat a meal afterwards to stop the hypos from happening, or let ourselves run slightly higher beforehand. That leaves room for another go...

I do like the idea of food and sex though! I'm glad I read the thread :)

petepontiac

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People who criticise what they cant understand
Been waiting for this topic; The problem I have is my BG always goes up after so the Rum and Coke always goes to the wife. ;)