Shaky hands

broads

Are shaky hands a symptom of diabetes. My daughter who is 30 had one of her work mates comment that she sometimes notices my daughter's hand shaking slightly and that she may have diabetes.

Dennis

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
People who join web forums to be agressive and cause trouble
Hi Broads,
Shaking hands can be a symptom of both hypo and hyper sugar levels. Wouldn't do any harm for your daughter to get checked out just to be safe.

Trinkwasser

Can also be a lot of other things from "benign tremor" to the onset of Parkinsonism (not necessarily Parkinson's Disease) would be worth getting it checked out especially if it changes for the worse.

Mother went through a period of head nodding in her seventies or eighties, which wore off, and I knew someone in their twenties who also developed benign tremor with no lasting effects

barlaysugar

Last week was late having lunch at work. I have breakfast at 6.30am, am not entitled to a tea break (work for NHS), and was due to go off work at 12.30pm. My work hours are 8.30am -12.30pm.

Clinic overrun to 12.55, 2 patients needed procedures done. I was helping the doctor prepare a local anasthetic. My hands were shaking so much, I could not attach the needle onto the syringe.

Doc giving me funny looks, then says "whats your blood sugar"?

And they say we public sector workers have it easy. (Another 2 hours of unpaid overtime owed me by the NHS).