1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Sharing my good news

Discussion in 'Diabetes Complications' started by KeithD, Apr 16, 2015.

1. KeithD

KeithD Type 1 · Member

Hi All

Just thought i would share a little good news i had today,

Around 6 years ago i was told i had bad retinopathy after a bleed in my right eye, i had a couple of 'spots' in the back of my eyes for years that they had not been to concerned with, that progressed to some laser work on each eye, how ever at this point with the bleed the Doctor hit me with a brick, i need to sort it out or will probably loose my sight,
    I had an vitrectomy on my right eye to remove the gel. along with further laser work,
    I tightened up my control there and then, 10 to 12 months ago i really changed things, diet and treatment which has made bigger improvements.
    Today i had another outpatient appointment , (been happening every 6 months) due to now being 2 years + with my eyes staying stable after having made a big improvement i have been discharged back into the standard monitoring program,
    At the time the doctor told me my eyes are a mess i did not expect to see this happen so today is a big landmark.

Good luck to anyone going through similar, you can do what is needed.

• Like Like x 14
  2. noblehead

noblehead Type 1 · Guru
    Retired Moderator

That's fantastic news Keith so well done, I had a similar experience to yourself and I've been all clear for the last 11 years, however I still have to attend the Ophthalmology clinic for my check-ups.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Patricia21

Patricia21 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Realy good news Keith.

• Like Like x 4
  4. himtoo

himtoo Type 1 · Well-Known Member
    Retired Moderator

excellent news keith -- well done !!:)

• Like Like x 4
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook