Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
A few
Hi All

Just thought i would share a little good news i had today,

Around 6 years ago i was told i had bad retinopathy after a bleed in my right eye, i had a couple of 'spots' in the back of my eyes for years that they had not been to concerned with, that progressed to some laser work on each eye, how ever at this point with the bleed the Doctor hit me with a brick, i need to sort it out or will probably loose my sight,
I had an vitrectomy on my right eye to remove the gel. along with further laser work,
I tightened up my control there and then, 10 to 12 months ago i really changed things, diet and treatment which has made bigger improvements.
Today i had another outpatient appointment , (been happening every 6 months) due to now being 2 years + with my eyes staying stable after having made a big improvement i have been discharged back into the standard monitoring program,
At the time the doctor told me my eyes are a mess i did not expect to see this happen so today is a big landmark.

Good luck to anyone going through similar, you can do what is needed.

Reactions: 14 people

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
That's fantastic news Keith so well done, I had a similar experience to yourself and I've been all clear for the last 11 years, however I still have to attend the Ophthalmology clinic for my check-ups.

Reactions: 2 people

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
excellent news keith -- well done !!:)

Reactions: 4 people