1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Shocking story, what kind of a situation am I in?

Discussion in 'Type 3c (Pancreatic) Diabetes' started by KingXi, Apr 12, 2020.

1. KingXi

KingXi · Member

I should of addressed this in my last post, I actually have contacted the college of surgeons and physicians of my province and sent them every bit of detail of how I was treated.

Nervous and anxious to see how it plays out.

• Like Like x 1
  2. HSSS

HSSS Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Good luck

• Like Like x 1
  3. BrenDorset

BrenDorset · Newbie

4. KingXi

KingXi · Member

Just quoting my post? Are you trying to post as well?

5. Honeyend

Honeyend · Well-Known Member

I think you need a copy of your consent form. In surgery especailly when they are unsure what they find when they open you up there is usually a catch all clause, so if they find something that needs removing, like you have a an operation for cancer they will take out any lymph nodes or biopsy them in the same operation. They would justify it was it was in your best interests especially if your pancreas was necrotic, and likely to be a source of infection, its very unlikely they would remove healthy tissue.
    Before you go through the cost of a legal case I would think what would it atchieve, and how it could make your situation any better. If you have lost confidence in your medical team perhaps its just better to see another one and get a new GP who has a good diabetes team.
    In the UK you can now access hospital blood and scan results on line and should recieve a copy of your discharge letter with a summary of any treatment.
    I agree they should have told you but I work on the basis I live on the fuction I have, and I am glad I am not one of the 25% that die from it.
    I was told that pancretitis ages your pancreas by 10 years, which is very simplistic, but its does give some sort of context of why is you get repeat bouts your function may deteriorate.

• Like Like x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook