Pollylocks

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not many.
Hi farmer's wife and welcome.

Lidl do protein rolls, very large, 39p. Also low carb bread, LivLife, is available in Waitrose. You can also get Burgen Soya and Linseed bread in most supermarkets, 11g carbs per slice, I can't tolerate that one but I know many in here can.

Happy hunting !

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
LIDL High Protein rolls are now 29p. @farmers_wife you need to test to see which bread effects your bs. I find that I can eat a couple of slices of most wholemeal breads without any problem.

Pinkorchid

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi farmer's wife and welcome.

Lidl do protein rolls, very large, 39p. Also low carb bread, LivLife, is available in Waitrose. You can also get Burgen Soya and Linseed bread in most supermarkets, 11g carbs per slice, I can't tolerate that one but I know many in here can.

Happy hunting !
Rolls are 29p in my Lidl

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
For me on a very low carbohydrate diet - none, so I make my own low carb alternatives. I sometimes use Sukrin low carb bread mix, which while quite expensive is just 1g carbs per slice, or 3.6g carbs per 100g weight.

There's no guarantee that what suits one person will suit everyone, so you need to check carbohydrate content on the nutritional labelling to find the lowest options, and then do your own testing to see what you can manage without causing big spikes in your glucose levels.

Robbity