Should I be worried

MyYoungHealth

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Hi,

Im not diagnosed. I'm 20 years old and have had issues with eating (suffered from bulimia during most of my teenage years). I have had Acanthosis Nigricans behind my neck and on my arm near my elbows ever since 13 or 14 years old but the doctor said to use cream which I've been doing but it has never reduced at all. I always get tired after eating carbs. Recently I have been having excessive thirst, extreme hunger, numbness in hands and feet and frequent urination which sometimes have a few bubbles. Should I be worried?

Thanks

Last edited:

Phoenix55

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Welcome to the forum. Please be aware that we can not diagnose a problem on the forum, we only offer advice and sometimes that advice is not what people want to hear. If you are concerned make an appointment with your GP and then we can help from there. If you can not get an appointment for a while and need peace of mind then perhaps consider getting a blood glucose meter, but it may be an expensive way of getting that peace of mind.

Jo_the_boat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi
As stated above I suggest you go to your GP. You're obviously having a tough time and if you present your symptoms to the doctor he or she will be able to reassure you or suggest a form of treatment should it be necessary.
You're a young lady so please don't act like a man and ignore things! :)
Please go and get checked out.
Good luck.