Should I get it or not?

FirstClass

Dislikes
Sugar! :(
My sugars' been pretty high for the last 4 weeks. (Around 14-17 always and never seen it around 6 for a while) I was a bit sick a week ago but i feel fine this week and still my sugars are around 16 so my doctor recommended me to use a pump because my blood sugars were like this a while ago too. She says that they are kinda uncontrollable. I'm using Novorapid 3 times a day and a long effective insulin before i sleep. So using them are kinda annoying for me too but I read some comments in here and using a pump seems like a nightmare to me now.

First of all I wouldn't mind putting it on me because i have to do it 4 times in a day right now anyway. But I'd probably lose the machine or break it somewhere. I'm 17 and I'm going to a high school so you might see what would see. Someone might pull it out accidentally or as a joke, I might break it while I'm doing sports, etc etc. Biggest nightmare would be sleeping with it for me. I sleep pretty deep so it is not a problem that it touches me. The problem is that I sleep pretty devastating. If I wear it and go to sleep, I might break the needle and even break the pump. And I wouldn't want that to happen. Another reason not using it would be forgetting that I have a pump and doing something wrong because most people says that you wouldn't even feel it anyway.

Second thing is that there aren't insulin pumps with blood sugar control, in my country. The biggest advantage of an insuline pump is the blood sugar control I think. I don't really like to pin my fingers every 3 hour and It seems like I'll have to control my blood sugar lots of times every 3-4 hours in order to maintain the hypos. I really want an Animas If I start the pump but they are not available in my country and I don't know If I can get one outside the country. Even tho I get it, It won't have any guarantee here and also I might not be able to find the needles of it in here. Does all the pumps use the same links or does these pumps with sugar control uses a different link system?