Type 1 Should I go to hospital very worried

jocharles242

Hi guys I’m very unsure if I should go to the hospital or not I’ve been trying to regain control of my T1D but been struggling.

Yesterday I went to the gym for the first time in months after dinner my sugars spiked up over 20mmol and have been fluctuating between there and 5mmol there. There is no balance my bgs just go high and drop rapidly since yesterday night. I don’t know whether to go to the hospital since I haven’t technically gotten low but I’m constantly having to eat every hr to keep myself from dropping and dropping.

Should I go to the hospital now or wait it out until tomorrow?

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Have you checked that you have given the correct insulin? What are you eating? Do you feel ill?

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
Hi guys I’m very unsure if I should go to the hospital or not I’ve been trying to regain control of my T1D but been struggling.

Yesterday I went to the gym for the first time in months after dinner my sugars spiked up over 20mmol and have been fluctuating between there and 5mmol there. There is no balance my bgs just go high and drop rapidly since yesterday night. I don’t know whether to go to the hospital since I haven’t technically gotten low but I’m constantly having to eat every hr to keep myself from dropping and dropping.

Should I go to the hospital now or wait it out until tomorrow?
how long are you diagnosed ? post exercise it is normal for BG's to spike and fluctuate after for quite a few hours … perhaps test every hour for the rest of the evening and ring 111 for advice ---

Reactions: EllieM

jocharles242

Have you checked that you have given the correct insulin? What are you eating? Do you feel ill?

Yes I gave myself the correct insulin, it was after dinner lasagna my bgs just shot up and only seem to drop no matter what I eat I think the exercise changed my insulin sensitivity as I haven’t exercised in 3months. I use to compete in amateur boxing before so I was relatively fit but I took a break to get my sugars in control and uni.

jocharles242

how long are you diagnosed ? post exercise it is normal for BG's to spike and fluctuate after for quite a few hours … perhaps test every hour for the rest of the evening and ring 111 for advice ---

11 years diagnosed, it normally goes up and down after exercise but not to this extreme point i think it’s due to my lack of exercise in months.

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Lasagne won’t have helped. Pasta tends to lead to fluctuations.