Should I increase my dose ???

Sameer

My signature shows how much I am taking now to get good reading in the morning should I increase my dose to 20 what do u guys suggest ???
Thanks

Newly diagnosed taking insulin novomix 30 , 21units in morning and 17 units at night , have issues in late night snack very lazy always get high sugar in morning from 130 to 140

iHs

Hello Sameer

The blood glucose level that you state in your message of 130 - 140 in the morning is very good. In the UK this is the equivalent of 6.4 or 6.9mmol. So no, you dont need to increase your evening dose of Novomix 30.

Have you been given any guidance from a DSN or doctor on how to eat carbohydrate with twice daily insulin regimes only its not the same as basal/bolus. Twice daily insulin releases its action over a time period and is very dependant on eating carbohydrate in set amounts throughout the day so that blood glucose levels stay ok. Testing bg every 2-3hrs will enable you to get the balance of carbohydrate correct. With twice daily insulins people adjust the carb. With bolus/basal, people adjust the insulin as its short acting.....

Sameer

Why it's always carbohydrates what is the relation between sugar and insulin

Newly diagnosed taking insulin novomix 30 , 21units in morning and 17 units at night , have issues in late night snack very lazy always get high sugar in morning from 130 to 140

Sameer

I even don't know should I eat rice or Roti ???

iHs

Sameer said:
Why it's always carbohydrates what is the relation between sugar and insulin

Hi

There are many websites that explain how carbohydrate converts to glucose after we eat it.....

This is just one website http://www.weight-loss-diet-tips-4-life ... tes.html...

Sameer

Thankyou really appreciate