Should we get help with exercise?

ButtterflyLady

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Acceptance of health treatment claims that are not adequately supported by evidence. I dislike it when people sell ineffective and even harmful alternative health products to exploit the desperation of people with chronic illness.
Or volunteer with the Cinnamon Trust, they're crying out for volunteer dog walkers too :cool:http://www.cinnamon.org.uk/home.php
That is such a cool organisation! I wish we had that here. People who find it hard to care for their pets because of illness need their companions even more! Pets are so good for people.

Reactions: 2 people

4ratbags

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
In NZ you can get your GP to refer you for a green prescription which gives you either free or discounted exercise options. You also get your own advisor who will monitor your progress and motivate you. It is generally for 6 months but can go for up to a year.

Mongoose39uk

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Sprouts
You can get 10 weeks free gym membership in Calderdale and then reduced price for 16 weeks. Council pool/gym/exercise class for a month is about £22. £22 is a pretty good price to pay if people are going to use it and if it helps people reduce or stay of medication. I have always paid for my membership but the free membership comes with free weigh ins and advice so I have no objection to people having a prescription for exercise if it helps them.