showing off a bit!

rtee

Have been cyber bullied by a lovely friend on here , who shall be nameless but who goes Wheeee, to share my news
I went for a diabetic nurse apptmt today. I had had to ask for a blood test as I was told I'd had one recently --6 mths ago!

Any way, my Hb1ac was 5.9 Yeah under 6 and only .4 to go to be normal ( not that I'll ever BE normal :lol: :lol:

They hadn't asked for cholesterol :?: and i was told today they'd do that next time ie in another 6 mths. Having said that, I wasn't bullied to take statins as I usually am. Another plus.

ALSO I asked about her monitoring me on the ND which she'd never heard of (!) but she said

'sounds like the cambridge diet for pre surgery weight loss' .
Yes , says I, and I need to have surgery for my hernia.
Oh, says she, I'll ask the doctor if it will be alright!

SOOOOOO maybe I'll get the go ahead to go ahead, even if it's on the pretext of pre surgery and not Bg/cholesterol/weight management for diabetes!

I felt like I'd had a positive meeting. Seeing her again in 3 mths ( or sooner if she's monitoring ND!!)

Thanks for reading this far . off to do some hoovering to celebrate :crazy:

izzzi

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done, and nice to hear pleasant news. :)

Fraddycat

Well done Rtee! That's great news, you can now be a proud member of the 5% club! I was hoping for it this time but hopefully next check up I will get to join too!

Defren

I couldn't be more proud of you, what a brilliant result. You know my views on the ND, it's something that you do need to think about. The results are there, and funnily enough I found it quite easy most of the time. However, it is a personal thing and no one should ever feel they must do it.

I really am tickled pink that you've joined the 5% club, well done, you deserve it.

Hugs - Jo.