Shuggah - 2 questions

Artrex

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hey all,

I started using Shuggah 2 days ago in combination with Apple watch and it's a real gamechanger. I'm running into 2 things:

1. On the watch face I often get something else (picture 1) in stead of my levels (picture 2). The complication is working properly, but I think this has to do with the fact that there are 3 different calandars: private, work and shuggah and that the complication cycles through them. But that's only my own assumption. If I'm right, how do I turn of the other 2 calandars? Unchecking them in the phone app does not do the trick (picture 3). If I'm wrong, please just tell me how to get the watch to always show my last known levels.

2. Speaking of last known levels, I'm experiencing quite a lot of 'missed mesurements' time. Like multiple times a day for 30 minutes until I open the app and then it pick up again after a while. At night thats very annoying because you wake up from the missed mesurement alarm, or you hypo because it's not measuring. Someone having the same experience? Are there solutions?

Thanks in advance.

PS - Sorry if my grammar is messed up. English is not my native language.

Attachments

• b1692749-3838-4947-9a4a-0e8b91b0d818.jpg
    b1692749-3838-4947-9a4a-0e8b91b0d818.jpg
    403.5 KB · Views: 141
  • 4562ac88-c27e-4884-a2f8-e09347417da9.jpg
    4562ac88-c27e-4884-a2f8-e09347417da9.jpg
    387.5 KB · Views: 141
  • c05b5284-c0da-4e57-ac18-dfab7c29f6b5.jpg
    c05b5284-c0da-4e57-ac18-dfab7c29f6b5.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 121
Last edited:
Reactions: filly

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @Artrex

Sorry I can’t help with your question but just wanted to reassure you don’t need to apologise for your grammar etc, your English is absolutely fine so don’t worry about that :)

Paulaah

Hi Artrex,

I’m having the same problems with my Apple Watch since the big 17.0 upgrade. It didn’t do selective readings on the watch face before the recent major software update. It just flashed up every minute with the new value. I also have the loss of connection problem and sometimes I have to have the phone right next to me on the bed overnight to get it to pick the signal up depending on which arm my sensor is on so that I can be sure the low alarms and fast drop will work.

If you managed to get an answer from the Facebook page would you be able to share the solution on here, as (shock, horror) I don’t have Facebook and don’t want to set up an account just to get on the Shuggah page.

Any light you could shed on it would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

holdem

hi did you have any success here
Hi Artrex,

I’m having the same problems with my Apple Watch since the big 17.0 upgrade. It didn’t do selective readings on the watch face before the recent major software update. It just flashed up every minute with the new value. I also have the loss of connection problem and sometimes I have to have the phone right next to me on the bed overnight to get it to pick the signal up depending on which arm my sensor is on so that I can be sure the low alarms and fast drop will work.

If you managed to get an answer from the Facebook page would you be able to share the solution on here, as (shock, horror) I don’t have Facebook and don’t want to set up an account just to get on the Shuggah page.

Any light you could shed on it would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
hi did you have any success? i cant seem to fix mine

Paulaah

Hi holdem,

I’m afraid not on the constant feed issue. It’s really hit and miss. I get a big pop up occasionally and tap on it rather than “dismiss” and then get the large numbers which constantly update, but it doesn’t always update if I have just the normal watch face on.
I’ve just had to get used to tapping the front screen and then it goes behind to give me the up to date value and when I go back to the front screen it then drags it and updates it. However I can’t suss out the pattern as other times it pushes it through no problem.

I have , however, stumbled on the missed reading issue…. (For anyone else also struggling with that)…. I’ve moved my libre reader handset well out of the way (I use it for ketone blood tests and starting up a new sensor). Even though my Bluetooth is “off” for libre on phone for app, I actually think the separate handset was interfering with the signal being picked up. I’ve had full nights of sleep since. I used to keep both on my bedside table. Missed reading was becoming a real problem.

If anyone finds a solution for the lack of a constant feed on Apple Watch, please do share.

holdem

Hi thanks for your response.
I dont fully remember what i used to have but i feel my event on my iphone used to update minute by minute
i felt my apple watch did the same thing too

however now since my ios 17 update im getting " no more events" a lot and also sometimes i will have the reading on my phone sometimes on my watch but often different 10 minute time slots.

i spent 45 mins on to apple yesterday who couldnt fix it

ive deleted my events deleted shuggah and re started but no luck

ive been told to join the facebook group for help but i dont have facebook but will register for that if needs be as im sure we are not alone.

I always give ios updates a period of a few weeks so it doesnt mess up my diabetes stuff but this time the wait hasnt fixed the issues.

holdem

Hi i may have found a solution to one of the issues.

On your watch click on the calendar part. Ie the part where the event is.
Then under the "view options" section make sure "up next" is clicked.

This i think is working but ill update if it fails.

@Paulaah

Paulaah

Hi holdem,

Thanks for trying. It really is a puzzle. I’m all ears if you have another theory, or if anyone else has stumbled across the solution.

jordan1999b

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
hi all i have just came from the facebook group
since watch os 10 update the only watch face that continuosly updates the calendar to show valuse every 5 mins on the watch face is the siri one

Paulaah

Thanks Jordan and Holdem. I’ve done it and it’s working. How brilliant as I’m about to go out for a long walk so I’ll be able to updated automatically!

Happy new year to everyone.

holdem

Hi guys has your watch stopped working again

I did the Apple Watch update

Now I don’t get the minute by minute sort of update on my watch .

Any help gratefully recieved

Thanks

holdem

Hi guys has your watch stopped working again

I did the Apple Watch update

Now I don’t get the minute by minute sort of update on my watch .

Any help gratefully recieved

Thanks