Shuggah app for cgm

Livosuction

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have just recently started using the Shuggah app on my iPhone… I’m sorry I didn’t use it earlier. For anyone on freestyle libre please stop using the freestyle libre app and switch over to the free app “Shuggah” not only does it let you continuously track your blood sugars in the background but the alarms are so much better. The alarms give you an idea of your blood trends if they’re going up or down (so helpful when your blood spikes high or is dropping low during the night)

Also, if you have an Apple Watch with this app you can get continuous updates on your watch too through the main watch face!

I recently went to a festival and it was such a relief not having to constantly scan my arm!!!

IMG_9977.jpg
IMG_9977.jpg
IMG_9147.jpg

Reactions: saky and Bludnok

Fenn

Type of diabetes
Type 1.5
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi, I think I (we) have to stay connected to hospital via libralink(?) as a criteria for getting the libre on scrip, or do they not really care? They seem to look at it at appointments.

Livosuction

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi, I think I (we) have to stay connected to hospital via libralink(?) as a criteria for getting the libre on scrip, or do they not really care? They seem to look at it at appointments.

You can still use the freestyle app if you want to! To update the hospital, just scan every now and then. But it just wont be continuous monitoring like Shuggah. (You could also mention in the future to the hospital you have switched to a different app that calculates your HbA1c for you)

Make sure you turn off Bluetooth for the freestyle app and on for Shuggah app in iPhone settings btw

IMG_0062.jpg
IMG_0063.jpg

Reactions: Fenn

Livosuction

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
(I still scan my arm with the freestyle libre app sometimes if I want to make sure that Shuggah app is properly calibrated!)

Reactions: Speedbird

Shreddy_

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi, realise I am very late to this party! I used my miao miao yesterday for the first time in ages and the tomato app had disappeared from the App Store (I’ve never managed to get spike working on an iPhone since 2019). I discovered Shuggah from a google search and then found this thread. it’s fab - way better than tomato. So thank you - might not have installed if I hadn’t read this!

Melody125

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Help,, I love this app and got it working straight away. However now that I have put a new one on i Cannot get it to connect just had the scanning message fir the past 2 hrs. Is there a trick I am missing? Thank you

Lakeslover

I assume you have started the sensor in the libre app first!
Have you added the new sensor? (Go to Bluetooth, click the + top right corner and add a new libre. Then scan the new sensor manually) it should crash, then reopen it and it will scan ok the second time.

Melody125

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I assume you have started the sensor in the libre app first!
Have you added the new sensor? (Go to Bluetooth, click the + top right corner and add a new libre. Then scan the new sensor manually) it should crash, then reopen it and it will scan ok the second time.
Thank you. Up and runnimg again.

Reactions: Lakeslover

increatul

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello,

Can anyone explain step-by-step how to use Shuggah on iPhone? I have Freestyle Libre 2 sensor with iPhone 14 Pro. Also an apple watch (I saw the app is also available on watchOS).

Thank you.

Reactions: saky

increatul

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thank you, Lakeslover.

Does anybody know, should I use calibration (single)? Or should I let it without calibration? (from your experience with Libre 2 and xDrip).

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I used Libre with xDrip for a number of years and now use another calibratable CGM.
Partially for peace of mind but also to improve accuracy, I chose to calibrate my readings with finger rpick at least once a day when my levels are pretty stable and neither high nor low. For me this is either when I wake up or when I go to bed.
Usually, I nudge the numbers up or down no more than 0.5mmol/l. I suspect I do not need to change when the readings are this close but it helps as I find sensors can drift over their life.

• Friendly
Reactions: increatul

comput3rn3rd

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
as from the 14th july in the UK abbott revoked the libre 2 app from the apple app store and current versions stopped working. Does anyone know if shuggah or any other app can initialise a sensor...
I joined my old one no problem but now its expired....

Last edited:
I have just recently started using the Shuggah app on my iPhone… I’m sorry I didn’t use it earlier. For anyone on freestyle libre please stop using the freestyle libre app and switch over to the free app “Shuggah” not only does it let you continuously track your blood sugars in the background but the alarms are so much better. The alarms give you an idea of your blood trends if they’re going up or down (so helpful when your blood spikes high or is dropping low during the night)

Also, if you have an Apple Watch with this app you can get continuous updates on your watch too through the main watch face!

I recently went to a festival and it was such a relief not having to constantly scan my arm!!!

View attachment 55219View attachment 55219View attachment 55220
Good morning everyone.
This site is so informative - MASSIVE thank you to everyone contributing. Like others, I’m having a mare with my libre2 link app. Blank white screen since Friday 14th July 2023. I have followed guidelines on going to my purchased apps. It’s STILL not available after 4 days of vanishing. I’ve had to put a new Libre2 sensor on this morning as the other had run out. Can someone (in an idiot, keep it simple style) please advise how I get Shuggah to read this sensor please. I am unable to scan the sensor via LibreLink as it’s not working. I read a post which alludes to this being the first thing I need to do…. But I can’t! I turned Bluetooth off for LibreLink app and enabled on Shuggah. It’s constantly saying ‘still scanning’. Please forgive me if you’ve already gone over this. I find these things very hard to grasp so need a little patience ( pretty please ). Thank you so much.

comput3rn3rd

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning everyone.
This site is so informative - MASSIVE thank you to everyone contributing. Like others, I’m having a mare with my libre2 link app. Blank white screen since Friday 14th July 2023. I have followed guidelines on going to my purchased apps. It’s STILL not available after 4 days of vanishing. I’ve had to put a new Libre2 sensor on this morning as the other had run out. Can someone (in an idiot, keep it simple style) please advise how I get Shuggah to read this sensor please. I am unable to scan the sensor via LibreLink as it’s not working. I read a post which alludes to this being the first thing I need to do…. But I can’t! I turned Bluetooth off for LibreLink app and enabled on Shuggah. It’s constantly saying ‘still scanning’. Please forgive me if you’ve already gone over this. I find these things very hard to grasp so need a little patience ( pretty please ). Thank you so much.
Abbott finally did something, although it wasnt to publish the old version of the app which would make sense...
Theyve published a youtube video to "reinstall" it if you have previously had it...

This youtube link takes you step by step...

Lakeslover

You can’t start a sensor using Shuggah. It has to be started first in librelink or on a reader before Shuggah can read it.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
You can’t start a sensor using Shuggah. It has to be started first in librelink or on a reader before Shuggah can read it.
Now oddly, I recently started Shuggah on my ipad.
Basically using the bubble mini bridge that goes to my stand alone watch...
The watch picks up when the pad is out of range or in airplane mode..
Ideal, realy. I found the BT on the ipad seemed to mess up the signal from the bridge to the watch.

I got Diabox on my android phone taking a signal off the sensor.

Dan_Mason

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

How did you get your blood sugar to display at the bottom?

Chevyjay

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

Hi how did you get the complications (weird name for them) on the mickey/mini face, I can only get it on the first two watch faces and it shows a blank white square that I have to tap to see the reading, I’d really like to have it on mickey or or back to my usual Star Wars picture but it’s not shown in the menu, others are but not Shuggah ‍♂️.

Have to say though it seems far far superior to the libre app just have to remember to scan now and then to keep the readings live for the clinic