Shuggah App Garmin Watch Face

holdem

i think im going to get the £3 a month one thats ready built. I think its ready built anyway. ive emailed them for info. If it works and is good ill update.

holdem

Hi a little bit of a progress report re this
I have paid the £3 a month ready made package that was mentioned on it,

It was relatively simple to set up which was great.

The issue so far is that my garmin s60 approach normally lasts 10 days before charging its now lasting less than half a day which makes it quite troublesome.

Do those who have it set up on their garmin watches have any tips or watch faces or suggestions.

Does anyone else who has it set up on their watch have a better watch which manages to last longer.

Many thanks in advance for any help

Cheers

Mike88

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Insulin
I think another way around this is to find a watch face with a calendar data field on it, thereby displaying the BG from Shuggah. I haven't found one just yet. My setup is L2, iPhone 13 mini, LL, Shuggah & a Garmin Epix watch. The data from Shuggah appears in my Garmin calendar but I have to pull down the 'glance' & sometimes tap on it. Not the end of the world but it would be great to have it on the watch face itself.

holdem

I think another way around this is to find a watch face with a calendar data field on it, thereby displaying the BG from Shuggah. I haven't found one just yet. My setup is L2, iPhone 13 mini, LL, Shuggah & a Garmin Epix watch. The data from Shuggah appears in my Garmin calendar but I have to pull down the 'glance' & sometimes tap on it. Not the end of the world but it would be great to have it on the watch face itself.
ok let me know if you have any progress here please

prestonmike1

Hi @prestonmike1 i have htis watch face too and it is draining the life out of my battery. How long does it last for you? Have you tampered with the settings to make it work better?

thanks
Yes, i have a vivoactive 3, the battery life isn't the best anyway but I'm having to charge it every day since i added this function, i might look at investing in a watch with a better battery life eventually but its an inconvenience im happy to live with for the constant readings

holdem

Yes, i have a vivoactive 3, the battery life isn't the best anyway but I'm having to charge it every day since i added this function, i might look at investing in a watch with a better battery life eventually but its an inconvenience im happy to live with for the constant readings
hi thanks for your response
yes ive looked into this too i cant find one that i think wont need to be charged every day

holdem

I have tried a new watch face

But this is also draining my battery so quickly. I have spoken to the developer who seems to think they are getting 12 days on a watch that normally lasts 15 days between charges.

I am simulating her settings as far as i can see but having no luck.

Has anyone else got a garmin watch face that has constant cgm readings that isnt draining their battery. If so do you know what may be the trick to achieving this.

Many thanks

Ricky 2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I wonder if we still need to scan for dvla reasons. I always scan before driving historically as I know you are not insured if you don’t every so many hours etc.

I get the updates on my phone and watch but still hope someone can find a watch face for garmins that means I can turn the notifications off and just glance at the watch where my blood reading will be constantly.

I seem to find the calendar event situation a bit strange it will work periodically and then more likely than not say “no more events, your day is clear” am I doing something wrong,

Any tips gratefully received

Thanks
There is a problem with watch faces at the moment, the only ones that work correctly are the Siri and way finder one

desbrown

Thanks for this Mike.
I also have L2, iPhone (15), LL, Shuggah & Garmin Epix watch. I've just followed your advice and now have my BG (as calendar data) setup as a glance, which I can access with a single swipe/button press. Not yet perfect (always displayed) but much, much easier than before.
Thanks again, I'm now back to searching for a watch face that includes a calendar data field...

Reactions: Mike88

DEBBIESCOTT

Type of diabetes
MODY
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I’ve got libre 2, iPhone X,shuggar & a garmin fenix 6s pro
I’ve turned on show bg in notifications & set notifications for every 5 minutes, blood sugar shows on my Watch & phone every 5 minutes, obviously not showing all the time, but I’m happy with it

Attachments

• IMG_5711.png
    IMG_5711.png
    379.5 KB · Views: 75

desbrown

I’ve turned on show bg in notifications & set notifications for every 5 minutes, blood sugar shows on my Watch & phone every 5 minutes, obviously not showing all the time, but I’m happy with it
Great idea Debbie, I'll give that a try. Thanks!

MilesAway

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Hello Debbie,

can you please clarify how you are sending the data from the shuggar app to the Garmin watch? I have a very similar set up ipohne 12, shuggar app, Fenix7x , but I'm missing how you send the data form the app to the fenix (app or face)

DEBBIESCOTT

Type of diabetes
MODY
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello Debbie,

can you please clarify how you are sending the data from the shuggar app to the Garmin watch? I have a very similar set up ipohne 12, shuggar app, Fenix7x , but I'm missing how you send the data form the app to the fenix (app or face)
Hi
My watch is connected to my iPhone so shuggar sends it automatically, don’t think I had to do anything, have you got your watch connected to your phone?

Attachments

• IMG_6028.png
    IMG_6028.png
    143.8 KB · Views: 40

DEBBIESCOTT

Type of diabetes
MODY
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi
My watch is connected to my iPhone so shuggar sends it automatically, don’t think I had to do anything, have you got your watch connected to your phone?
I’ve got these settings on shuggah, I change the intervals to 30 minutes at night

Attachments

• IMG_6029.png
    IMG_6029.png
    259.3 KB · Views: 41

MilesAway

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I’ve got these settings on shuggah, I change the intervals to 30 minutes at night
Yes - everything is connected.

Where / how do you see the data in the Garmin watch? you must have installed a widget/data field for the glucose data to appear on the watch. Can you share the data field you are using on your Fenix?

Ok I think I got it. You actually avec notifications active . So IOS app creates the notification and is sync to the watch as a notification message.
This is not what I'm looking for. I'm looking for the data to be available during an activity in my Garmin watch or Garmin cycling computer

Last edited:

DesBrown100

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yes - everything is connected.

Where / how do you see the data in the Garmin watch? you must have installed a widget/data field for the glucose data to appear on the watch. Can you share the data field you are using on your Fenix?

Ok I think I got it. You actually avec notifications active . So IOS app creates the notification and is sync to the watch as a notification message.
This is not what I'm looking for. I'm looking for the data to be available during an activity in my Garmin watch or Garmin cycling computer
Likewise MilesAway, I tried this but I’m not looking for notifications on my watch every X mins - this is far too intrusive for me. I’m looking for the BG data to show on my Garmin watch face, permanently. Hoping someone will crack this shortly…