Shuggah - Libre 2

KenM1983

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning - any help appreciated - managed to load Libre update yesterday ( thankfully working so far ) now trying ( unsuccesfully ) to use Shuggah App too - it seems to disconnect the Libre Abbot Bluetooth connection each time ( and also doesn’t connect either ) - using an IPhone 12 - any thoughts or tips appreciated - thanks

barrym

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
This is I assume the same as Android version.

Only one app at a time can connect using BT to the sensor. The LibreLink app will happily release the connection if you turn off alarms, and Shuggah should be able to pick it up.

The opposite will not work.

Reactions: KenM1983

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning - any help appreciated - managed to load Libre update yesterday ( thankfully working so far ) now trying ( unsuccesfully ) to use Shuggah App too - it seems to disconnect the Libre Abbot Bluetooth connection each time ( and also doesn’t connect either ) - using an IPhone 12 - any thoughts or tips appreciated - thanks
Hi,

If it’s anything like Diabox on Android the “CGM” experience works in the app. But you’ll need to use NFC scanning with librelink to obtain the sensor data for your nurse in libreview? (If that’s what you are attempting?)

Shuggah isn’t a bad app. I had a bit of spare time on my hands today & set it up on my iPad using a Bluetooth bridge?

Reactions: KenM1983

Chris_foxall

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I have an iPhone 12 too and the Shuggah app seems to be working fine on mine. Took a few scans to link up to it at first but it is working well at the moment.

KenM1983

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

Only one app at a time can connect using BT to the sensor. The LibreLink app will happily release the connection if you turn off alarms, and Shuggah should be able to pick it up.

Thanks seems to work now

KenM1983

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,

If it’s anything like Diabox on Android the “CGM” experience works in the app. But you’ll need to use NFC scanning with librelink to obtain the sensor data for your nurse in libreview? (If that’s what you are attempting?)

Shuggah isn’t a bad app. I had a bit of spare time on my hands today & set it up on my iPad using a Bluetooth bridge?

Thanks all working now appreciated

Bills123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump

Hi. I started my libre 2 two days ago with libre link as usually. Then I came across shuggah and decided to try. I closed alarms on libre link, tried to establish connection to shuggah but failed repeatedly. After deleting shuggah app, I re- enabled libre link alarms but seems that libre2 now cannot deliver real time measurements, only scanning is available. Is this what you described as “the opposite will not work” in your comment above? Thanks

barrym

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Yes, unfortunately. Well at least with Android.

The fact that both apps can't connect does suggest a phone/BT issue to me. If you can figure that out, Shuggah should reconnect. Android caveat still applies of course.

DEBBIESCOTT

Type of diabetes
MODY
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I’m running both apps on my iphone
I start the libre on LibreLink, after the 60 minutes start up & when libres working I delete LibreLink & connect the sensor to shuggar, usually takes a couple of tries, then reinstall LibreLink & scan sensor to get it going again
I’ve been doing this since July, I’ve also set up shuggar alarms & readings are sent to my garmin watch every 5 minutes
Hope this helps

Reactions: Bills123

Bills123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I start the libre on LibreLink, after the 60 minutes start up & when libres working I delete LibreLink & connect the sensor to shuggar, usually takes a couple of tries, then reinstall LibreLink & scan sensor to get it going again
I’ve been doing this since July, I’ve also set up shuggar alarms & readings are sent to my garmin watch every 5 minutes
Hope this helps
You are a savior! Delete and reinstall of libre link seems to be working! Of course I lost A1C and other statistics from the app but functionality is back. Thanks!
Btw shuggah never actually worked. Sensor kept on giving message “connecting” and disconnection time was always 1-2 minutes before current time. Anyway I think gluroo is better in connectivity terms!

DEBBIESCOTT

Type of diabetes
MODY
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
You are a savior! Delete and reinstall of libre link seems to be working! Of course I lost A1C and other statistics from the app but functionality is back. Thanks!
Btw shuggah never actually worked. Sensor kept on giving message “connecting” and disconnection time was always 1-2 minutes before current time. Anyway I think gluroo is better in connectivity terms!
I find it does take shuggar 3-4 tries to connect, but once it does it’s brilliant, It’s so good to be able to see blood sugar levels on my watch
You can still see all your data in libre view just not on your phone

Reactions: Bills123

Bills123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I find it does take shuggar 3-4 tries to connect, but once it does it’s brilliant, It’s so good to be able to see blood sugar levels on my watch
You can still see all your data in libre view just not on your phone
Check also gluroo. It takes advantage of “libre linkup” app and gives the info to watches, etc . Also Apple CarPlay!

XanderDW

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
I've had this problem pretty much every time I try to connect a new sensor in Shugah. For the record, I'm running iOS 17.2.1 on an iPhone 14 Pro.

Each time I tried to attach a new sensor directly I Shugah, I got "scanning" but no actual detail of the sensor, and nothing else happens.

The solution I've found is:
- Download the Abbott Freestyle app
- start the sensor in Freestyle - you'll get the usual "the sensor will be ready at...."
- once the sensor is connected to Freestyle, only then:
- go into Settings on your phone and disable Bluetooth connection for the Freestyle app
- then connect via Shugah

Freestyle seems to be activating the sensor in a way that Shugah seems unable to do.

A word of caution however. Once you attach to the Shugah app, freestyle will only allow scan readings of your sensor from there onwards. No may yet what you do, Freestyle will not subsequently allow you to return to using Freestyle as a CGM type app, unless you replace the sensor. it's an issue common to all third party apps, not just Shugah. Once another app has attached as a CGM ready, freestyle seems unable or unwilling to return to running a CGM type relationship. As I say however, it does allow you to run Freestyle as a "cover and read" type sensor read on your phone.

By the way, not switching off Bluetooth on your phone for freestyle (it's in Settings on your phone, not in the Freestyle app), Shugah will not be able to connect to the sensor at all, as Freestyle seems to grab and hold the Bluetooth connection, even though it does so in a pretty unhelpful way.

Hope this helps, and if anyone finds a different, or better solution, PLEASE let me know.
While I love Shugah, loads better than the Freestyle app, each replacement drives me insane.......
Good luck, one and all

Bills123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I've had this problem pretty much every time I try to connect a new sensor in Shugah. For the record, I'm running iOS 17.2.1 on an iPhone 14 Pro.

Each time I tried to attach a new sensor directly I Shugah, I got "scanning" but no actual detail of the sensor, and nothing else happens.

- start the sensor in Freestyle - you'll get the usual "the sensor will be ready at...."
- go into Settings on your phone and disable Bluetooth connection for the Freestyle app

Freestyle seems to be activating the sensor in a way that Shugah seems unable to do.

A word of caution however. Once you attach to the Shugah app, freestyle will only allow scan readings of your sensor from there onwards. No may yet what you do, Freestyle will not subsequently allow you to return to using Freestyle as a CGM type app, unless you replace the sensor. it's an issue common to all third party apps, not just Shugah. Once another app has attached as a CGM ready, freestyle seems unable or unwilling to return to running a CGM type relationship. As I say however, it does allow you to run Freestyle as a "cover and read" type sensor read on your phone.

By the way, not switching off Bluetooth on your phone for freestyle (it's in Settings on your phone, not in the Freestyle app), Shugah will not be able to connect to the sensor at all, as Freestyle seems to grab and hold the Bluetooth connection, even though it does so in a pretty unhelpful way.

Hope this helps, and if anyone finds a different, or better solution, PLEASE let me know.
While I love Shugah, loads better than the Freestyle app, each replacement drives me insane.......
Good luck, one and all
You do not need to replace sensor to go back to cgm status with libre link app. Just delete and install again and it will restore functionality. I went with gluroo app, check it

Reactions: XanderDW

DEBBIESCOTT

Type of diabetes
MODY
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Good luck, one and all
I’m on iPhone 14 & iOS 16
If you read my earlier post you will see that running shuggah & linbrelink can be done with no scanning, I changed mine yesterday & it’s working perfectly
Changed my phone last week & copied everything to new phone & the sensor just transferred itself over

Reactions: XanderDW

kevwright

Hope this helps
Does this mean you lose data from Librelink app each time?