Type 2 Sick again....

leslie10152

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Ignorance
After two weeks I am still living with a viral infection that refuses to let go. This is really dragging me down.

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Awwww @leslie10152 . Sending strength and positive vibes. You've been going through it a bit recently, haven't you?

xxx

Swiggy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
After two weeks I am still living with a viral infection that refuses to let go. This is really dragging me down.
Sorry you are not feeling too good @leslie10152 whenever I am going down with a virus I have a hot bath with a couple of mugs full of Epsom salts. I read about it in the Dear Doc column in the Sunday Post back in the seventies. The idea is that a temperature is the body's way of fighting off viruses so we should work with it instead of taking paracetamol to bring temperature down. Stay in bath for 20 mins then get dry and go straight to bed. It's always worked for me but I think I would check with more experienced forum members that it's okay to do without affecting your glucose levels. X

Reactions: Snapsy

leslie10152

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Ignorance
Sorry you are not feeling too good @leslie10152 whenever I am going down with a virus I have a hot bath with a couple of mugs full of Epsom salts. I read about it in the Dear Doc column in the Sunday Post back in the seventies. The idea is that a temperature is the body's way of fighting off viruses so we should work with it instead of taking paracetamol to bring temperature down. Stay in bath for 20 mins then get dry and go straight to bed. It's always worked for me but I think I would check with more experienced forum members that it's okay to do without affecting your glucose levels. X
Thank you @Swiggy.

Reactions: Snapsy

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I love Epsom salts baths too - my mate introduced me to the notion after I had run a long race and I found it a very very soothing, healing experience. I've got through kilos of the stuff since......
:):):)

Reactions: Bon83