Sick day rules for Type2s.

hurf0rd

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
Other
There's another thing here.

In my experience, my nutrition got far richer as soon as I left hospital, and so I needed to "up" my insulin dose as soon as I left. I also experienced the flip-side of the same thing when I had to go back into hospital - regular hypos in the middle of the night until I sussed that I needed to reduce my dose for the duration.

Nutrition is hospitals is so poor these days ( you might say that's a good thing!) that you need to be aware.

Janr20

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Needlephobia giving insulin
Great resource I have been looking for this type of resource since I started travelling overseas with insulin and being started on a short acting insulin

Reactions: gvintagedrken

NotBeyonce

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
For dealing with a cold, I like to make sure that I have a stash of sugar-free meds on help. At the start of the season I always buy a few boxes of the sugar free Theraflu/NeoCitran, cough drops, and cough syrup. These things suddenly become hard to find when you're sick.

Reactions: Dellygluc

New2ThisType2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Ah, interesting info.

This might partly explain why my numbers seem to have recently become much higher than usual.
Not that i am not entirely to blame but its become a bit of a vicious cycle when ill, feeling sorry for oneself and cheating with foods you know you shouldn't have :D

Had to have a temporary stent installed in January, a stent that is known to cause UTIs. Never had a UTI before but came down with 2 right afterwards and 2 bouts of antibiotics later now dealing with a slight bacterial infection they cant yet diagnose BUT.....this could explain why the sudden increase in my BS levels.

thanks for the new link as the first one did not work

binman1234

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
to much noise, WORK
Ah, interesting info.

This might partly explain why my numbers seem to have recently become much higher than usual.
Not that i am not entirely to blame but its become a bit of a vicious cycle when ill, feeling sorry for oneself and cheating with foods you know you shouldn't have :D

Had to have a temporary stent installed in January, a stent that is known to cause UTIs. Never had a UTI before but came down with 2 right afterwards and 2 bouts of antibiotics later now dealing with a slight bacterial infection they cant yet diagnose BUT.....this could explain why the sudden increase in my BS levels.

thanks for the new link as the first one did not work
hi . im seen to be in the same postion as you., may be you can help

New2ThisType2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
hi . im seen to be in the same postion as you., may be you can help

You would have to explain your situation a bit better but bear in mind that the defining factor are people's blood test readings.
What I mean by that, not everyone with kidney issues will follow the same diet. Some damaged kidneys need half the potassium as a person with a set of healthy kidneys whilst someone on dialysis will often need more. If you have kidney issues, you need tests and the advice of your Nephrologist. In hindsight, some of my damage was created partly by having one too many cooks in the kitchen without any one of them speaking to the other, which had me almost bouncing of walls with different information. Unfortunately I was never sent to a Nephrologist, let alone aware of what they did. Had I done so earlier, I would have saved myself a lot of frustration, not to mention that i think the medical system would have saved themselves quite a bit of money :D

If you go into more detail I might be able to help or at least put you in the right direction for help.

Reactions: Nooch1

Motherhen2014

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
People shouting while on their phones.
Thank you for this

artdecomum

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
all the links go to error page instead. can someone please fix again. thanks.

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
says page not found but yesterday i noticed my reading were very high...went to bed feeling terrible and slept got up this morning after not eating since tea time yesterday to a reading of 11.2 not had that for a long time and unsure why it is showing this but feeling terrible still...what the heck is causing it ???

Reactions: David_E