sick pay

mark5

with my licence entitlements for bus driving temporary stopped until dvla sort everything out with me going on insulin wot will i be entitled to re:sick pay from work

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
If I were you I would check with either the union if there is one or failing that ask Human Resources or what ever they are called this week...

chadders

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I am new to this and hope my experience will help.

I have recently had my bus licence suspended for 12 months as I have just started on insulin for my diabetes. I am the first driver in our company to do this. I gave my employer notice that I would be going onto insulin and so far they have been very supportive. I am on sick pay at the present time and the company are trying to find me alternative work until I am able to reapply for my licence next year. My GP will shortly be signing me as fit for work. Until my employer finds me alternative work then they will continue to pay sick pay, however, due to my short time at the company this will revert to SSP at the end of May (that will be painful).

With the support of my Union rep, employer and GP hopefully this should work out.

You cannot be dismissed now for being on insulin and your employer must try to find you a reasonable alternative whilst you are unable to drive a bus.

Good luck.