Side effects of Lyumjev

sijones77

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi folks. I’ve recently changed my mealtime insulin from Humalog to Lyumjev and my mood has been so low. I’m suffering from major anxiety, horrific depression, not sleeping, mood swings, suicidal thoughts and general low mood I cannot shake off. I’m not 100% but I think it might be connected to changing to Lyumjev. Am I imagining this or could this be down to the Lyumjev? Has anyone else had a similar effect when changing insulin?

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi folks. I’ve recently changed my mealtime insulin from Humalog to Lyumjev and my mood has been so low. I’m suffering from major anxiety, horrific depression, not sleeping, mood swings, suicidal thoughts and general low mood I cannot shake off. I’m not 100% but I think it might be connected to changing to Lyumjev. Am I imagining this or could this be down to the Lyumjev? Has anyone else had a similar effect when changing insulin?
Hi @sijones77 , welcome to the forum.

I've not heard about this side effect from any insulin, but if you have even the slightest feeling it might be due to the change of insulin it might be worth discussing trying a different one!

Hang in there, whatever the cause of those feelings, and please let us know how you're doing tomorrow.
Good luck!

ElizabethMun

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi, I recently changed to lyumjev and am suddenly having similar symptoms. I had tested it for a month about 3 months ago and did not have any problems. Also wondering if I’m imagining the connection. How are you now? Still on Lyumjev?

Reactions: Antje77