Silver socks

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
Had a look at your link.......can you tell me in what way is this product of benefit to a Diabetic as is claimed ? I can't seem to find any information about that particular claim.

Ken

Alanem

Dislikes
Fish except from the chippy
I am assuming the major advantage to a diabetic is the transfer of heat away from the feet so reducing the affect of sweat. Not that I have foot problems (touch wood) but at £8 plus per pair my first thought is I can get a lot of socks from Primark and change them more frequently. On the other hand if I am missing something please advise.

Alan

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
Yes, I did think of that one.....however I am very interested to hear what the seller has to say about any possible benefits. I can't really comment about a product unless I know what exactly we are talking about here.

Ken.

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
All I can think of for silver is this - Bacteria can't survive on silver - that's why food used to be served on silver platters and is where the phrase "silver service" originates from - (the silver polish left on them might do you some mischief though :lol: )- you can get plasters with silver strips in supposed to heal the wound quicker.

So silver socks for diabetics could keep down infection? - don't know just thinking "out loud"

cugila

Master
Dislikes
Quite possible LL. However we still want an answer from the seller.......

Ken

fitzu

Thank you for all your replies.

The feet of people of people with diabetes are high risk areas and should be subject to special care and attention.

The main benefits of Carnation Silversocks for diabetics are:

The silver eliminates 99.9% of bacteria in less than one hour of exposure which as suggested by lovinglife reduces the risk on infections.

The socks help feet maintain a regulated temperature so they get neither too hot nor too cold - this could go unnoticed by diabetics.

The socks have their seams on the outside, there is a risk that diabetics would not feel any rubbing and friction caused by a seam on the inside as in most socks.

This information is not intended as a substitute for the advice of a healthcare professional. If you are worried about your feet, if you suffer from diabetes or need advice for other specific reasons you should seek professional podiatric advice.

cugila

Master
Dislikes
Thanks for that information.

I am sure it will be very helpful to any Diabetic's who wish to avail themselves of this product now we are clear as to what possible benefits it may have.

Ken