Single Figures,but ??????!

TracyA

Dislikes
Liars and ignorant people.
I think I maybe getting on top of my Diabetes,by finally getting single figures on my b/s readings.My readings were averaging between 11 and 15,but I am now getting 7.1,and 8,so I am happy,but....I am feeling shaky,and generally cloudy headed,why would this be? I felt more "normal" when my readings were high.I dont get it. :(

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
Hi Tracy, what you are experiencing is a 'false' hypo.

When you run with blood sugar levels at a high level and you start to drop down your body thinks it is hypoing. Once your levels are stable at the lower level these symptoms will go away so you just have to ride it out for a few days till you feel better.

Try not to put your blood sugar levels up to counteract this if you can so that you get used to the lower levels.

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
As Sue said
Tracy
you can adapt quite quickly to a healthy BG level, but might feel awful for a few days. It's worth sticking it out.
Hana

TracyA

Dislikes
Liars and ignorant people.
Thank you for that,I feel much better knowing that this is normal lol,Thank you.

ham79

Dislikes
diabetes and cbeebies
it's your body adjusting to the sugar that it's used to won't be long till it passes. well done on getting them down
just don't get them down to fast I went from 17's to 8.1 in 3 months and am suffering for it with sever neuropathy.
Anyway well done again what a great start to 2010 for you :D :D

totsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
liars, animal cruelty
as already said, this is normal but well done in reducing them, keep up the hard work and soon you should be in the healthy range :D