"Six Popular Supplements Used for Diabetes Management"

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
@asparagusp It would be helpful if that paper provided some level of data around how effective Ginseng was. Just reading it doesn't tell you whether it is more or less effective than the other herbal remedies they tried.

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
One of the best sites to find supplements that have clinical trials listed on Medline (including links to the studies) is greenmedinfo.com.

I'm planning to try l-arginine as my next experiment :)

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Read the article. No long term evidence.
I read as far as I could i.e. the Abstract..."Efficacy data showed a modest decrease in fasting plasma glucose of −0.96 mmol/dL (−17.29 mg/dL) for fenugreek and −24.59 mg/dL for cinnamon." No mention of Ginseng and no mention of the studies from which these conclusions were drawn. i.e. no evidence.

Reactions: beth cordoba
A

asparagusp

Indy that website looks very good indeed. I tried L-Arginine a few years ago for healing the scar left from an incision for cellulitis in my lower leg. Did it help? Well maybe the scar would have been worse or I should have taken it for longer. There are so many supplements out there and the cost mounts up if I were to buy all the ones I want!