SKIN TAGS AND INSULIN RESISTANCE

CatsFive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I tried that before I went to the doctor about it but it was so very painful that I had to stop. After the doctor tried to freeze it, it grew and eventually developed a second tag on the stem of the first one. This is the one that is causing the most trouble to me because it catches on collars and towels.

I would see if the doctor will freeze it again. Can't have frozen it enough for it to come back.

• Friendly
Reactions: Annb

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I would see if the doctor will freeze it again. Can't have frozen it enough for it to come back.
It didn't come back - it never went away. I have to acknowledge that I do tend to grow little lumps and bumps, including in my bowel, which had to be cut out because they were malignant, as well as some malignant ones on my face and hands. I don't know if this particular one is just a normal tag, but obviously the doctor thought so when she tried to freeze it. It's a family thing, my brother has had quite a few malignant, or suspicious, ones removed - mainly from his face and ears plus one huge one on a kidney which turned out not to be malignant. My father had some removed from his face during WW2 but was never told if they were malignant or not.

Outlier

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Freezing was useless when I had it (several times) but I then had them burned off by hot wire with a private doctor, and that worked straight away. Painless, no scars.

• Friendly

Munkki

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
When I was diagnosed with type 2, I had several skin tags around my neck, also one on my eye lid. I got the one one the lid cut off by a doctor before diagnosis and it never came back. I went low carb after diagnosis and cut off all my skin tags, as they were very small. I hardly get new ones since going low carb.

• Friendly

CatsFive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Freezing was useless when I had it (several times) but I then had them burned off by hot wire with a private doctor, and that worked straight away. Painless, no scars.

Mine used to come back after hot wire, but went after being frozen. Maybe some people don't freeze enough? No scars in either case

• Friendly

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
GPs no longer deal with skin tags, unfortunately and there are no private doctors to do the job here. Guess I'll just carry on with the silk scarf. It's not as if it's the greatest of my problems.