Sleep interrupted by neuropathy.

Jameskennedy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
does anyone have any ideas how i can improve my sleep, i currently have peripheral neuropathy and its really getting me down, i work all day on my feet but i can stand the little bit of pain, trouble is when i get home and sit down my feet just constantly throb with pain. lying down to sleep is the worst bit. i an on gabapentin , but can take the whole box with no effect, i get about 2 hours sleep off and on, after getting up a few times and walking around the kitchen, at my wits end, its even affecting my work. doc says thats diabetes, gotta live with it.....any suggestions

S

Shar67

Taking a box of gabapentin will not work for pain as it is a longer term drug which changes brain nerve pattern. I think it is 2500mg is the most strength any after amount they don't have an affect.
I found the revitive circulation booster machine (other brands available) worked wonders

StefanR95

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have peripheral neuropathy pains too and am in a similar situation to you, only I haven't been able to work as the pains are just too much. My GP put me on gabapentin and baclofen but I don't notice much from it. I was told that alpha lipoic acid helps with neuropathy so I've ordered a couple of boxes to see if it makes a difference. I desperately need pain relief and a good night's sleep.

enzina

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pain, being dependent, egoistic people & jealousy
I'm living with this terrible pain as well. 10 days ago i have started taking 600mg lipoic acid. It has lowered sugar levels straightaway but no pain relief yet. I believe i have heard it takes about six weeks to work?

doug_j

Type of diabetes
Type 2
does anyone have any ideas how i can improve my sleep, i currently have peripheral neuropathy and its really getting me down, i work all day on my feet but i can stand the little bit of pain, trouble is when i get home and sit down my feet just constantly throb with pain. lying down to sleep is the worst bit. i an on gabapentin , but can take the whole box with no effect, i get about 2 hours sleep off and on, after getting up a few times and walking around the kitchen, at my wits end, its even affecting my work. doc says thats diabetes, gotta live with it.....any suggestions
Iv got the same in feet over the last couple of months I've started to get it in hands on same tablets as you they don't seem to work

Juicetin

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
And another one...in both feet, I've been taking ALA for about 3 months now 600mg daily. The pain and numbness is slightly better, but only slightly. I will give it more time.

Jameskennedy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Taking a box of gabapentin will not work for pain as it is a longer term drug which changes brain nerve pattern. I think it is 2500mg is the most strength any after amount they don't have an affect.
I found the revitive circulation booster machine (other brands available) worked wonders
I do have a circulation booster leg revitaliser machine , which doesn't do a lot for me, and it wasn't cheap. But I do feel for everyone who has neuropathy , people who never experience this will never know the suffering we go through. I already have had people say to me ..it can't be that bad!......

Reactions: kowo

doug_j

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I do have a circulation booster leg revitaliser machine , which doesn't do a lot for me, and it wasn't cheap. But I do feel for everyone who has neuropathy , people who never experience this will never know the suffering we go through. I already have had people say to me ..it can't be that bad!......
Tell me about it pain24-7consutent told me cause of it sugars not controld propery

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
yes maybe " R-alpha-lipoic-acid " 600mg pro day
http://dk.iherb.com/life-extension-...ie-caps/9824?gclid=CLiWopDO-M8CFQHncgod7NwAVQ

can help a bit, some people also get som benifit from taking magnesium suplements like 600mg daily... but unfortunatelly it can be ireversiblle nerve-damage .. but one could hope that some of it is reversible...gabapentin is the doctors best choice as I know of it... my mother suffers very much also from this dreadfull pail and nerve itching