1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Sleeping Over

Discussion in 'Diabetes Soapbox - Have Your Say' started by miszu, Aug 16, 2018.

1. miszu

miszu Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Sleeping over at my boyfriend, first time staying for the night and it wasnt planned. I missed the last bus. We've been together for a month now, Im still somewhat avoiding diabetes care talk infront of him. Now Im so nervous its 1am, Im nervous to eat, Im nervous to inject, nervous to sleep, even nervous to pee.

Even tho hes super loving and understanding about everything Im being a giant p.ssy here sitting outside on the balcony waiting for the sunrise... Ridiculous?

• Hug Hug x 7
  2. sleepster

sleepster Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Hi @miszu, I wish I had some useful advice to share but sadly I don't!
    Does your boyfriend know you have diabetes? Maybe he wants to know more but figures you will talk to him about it when you are ready?

• Like Like x 1
  3. miszu

miszu Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Yes he does and hes very nice about it all. Its a few more hours to go... Then I can go home and get some sleep. *rip

4. Grumpy ole thing

Grumpy ole thing Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Maybe you could write him a letter? Even if you didn't give it to him it might help to clarify your thoughts? Not long till morning now, I hope all goes well. x

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. BearZA

BearZA Type 2 · Member

I think you should definitely chat to him. If I was him, I would want to know this and would be a tiny upset that you didnt tell me. All the best

6. porl69

porl69 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

100% speak to him. If ever you have a disabling hypo he needs to know what to do to help you. He will also need to understand the mood swings us type 1's can get when our bloods are awry. I am sure he will totally understand and he will be pleased that you can confide in him :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. LittleGreyCat

LittleGreyCat Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Is it really the diabetes?
    If you are too nervous to pee (which must be quite uncomfortable) then this suggests that it is more the whole "sharing somone else's space" thing. Too nervous to sleep? Loss of control?
    I know this is difficult, but perhaps try and think if you would still have the same reaction if you didnt have diabetes.
    Edit: noting this was 2 weeks ago, how did it go in the end?

• Like Like x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook