Slightly Embarrassing Question.

BlindFaith

daisy3174 said:
Really do think you need to go and have your situation and medication reviewed, maybe it is that you need insulin.Hope you feel better soon x

That's the reason I had spoken to the doctor on Friday but she just dismissed everything I asked her.
I think I'll be pestering them again to be honest. If I have to camp in their waiting area until someone actually listens to me then so be it.

I did my grocery shopping order earlier this morning - lots of fresh veg, fruit (especially rhubarb which was on offer - yay!), lean meat and Onken low fat natural yogurt with all the good pro/prebiotic things.
I'm wondering if I'd be okay to take the acidophilus capsules as I have some in the fridge. Does anyone else take them?

daisy3174

Sounds like a great shoppng List! Are you under the Diabetic Clinc in the hospital or a diabetic nurse? I am extremely lucky with all of mine they gave me a meter and strips (no fuss) and my consultant is doing GAD tests and MODY tests which most have to fight for. I was taking Acidophlus, along with Garlic,Dandelion Root,Sea Kelp and Vit B12 ( a Candida remedy on the net) but it did not prevent it from coming back.Mine has been right through,I have it downstairs too,and doc said my stomach symtoms (excess wind , gurgling, pain) are caused by it. The only thing that clears it is the Oral Capsules, only to come back a week later! So I draw the conclusion that it will only go away when sugar levels stay normal x

BlindFaith

daisy3174 said:
Sounds like a great shoppng List!
You should see the fridge - I've had to "tetris" everything so it all fits!! :lol: I don't want to open it in case everything just falls out, lol
daisy3174 said:
Are you under the Diabetic Clinc in the hospital or a diabetic nurse?
I'm under both, the hospital clinic have now told my doctor and the diabetic nurse at my surgery that I *have* to be seen by a diabetic consultant because of how high my B.S are.
I have the testing kits which I use three times a day, although it took a while to be given one by the nurse at my surgery. I kept being told I didn't need to worry about my B.S levels... :***:
daisy3174 said:
Mine has been right through,I have it downstairs too,and doc said my stomach symtoms (excess wind , gurgling, pain) are caused by it.
Poor you! Are you feeling any better with it now?
I've had horrible stomach symptoms - the pain, the gurgling and the wind as well...I didn't think they'd be connected to thrush.

Sanober

Dislikes
Not really knowing what's going on inside my Endocrine system!!!
Hi how frustrating!!!

I totally feel your erm...itch.

2 years I've suffered it was very bad before I started insulin. I tried creams but mine seemed to be internal but that's I though you put on regardless. Then the anti fungal pill and cream on a few occasions. Then I got a week of pills from the doc, sorted and then it returned. Tried this a few times. Same result. Then I was referred to a Gyno for my endometriosis problem and he put me on a one month pill and pessary course. I was OK for a few weeks and then it came back AND I had it in my throat :(

Husband was fine checked over twice and OK.

So it's still there for me here and there and am now on a once weekly pill for SIX months. Interestingly it comes back a couple of days before am due to take the pill.

Also I was advised to try acids regulating serums as an imbalance down there can also make us vunerable to thrush (or something) so I get prescribed Sylk which has helped to soothe too :)

Chocoloca

Hello my dear, so sorry to hear that we share this problem. Years ago I have been advised by a diabetic friend to use GLYCERIN BORAX solution 10% or 15% even better and it always works, nothing else worked for me. First time I used it it was after I've seen 3 doctors and had all sorts of antibiotics new underwear the lot and thought I should try it and it worked. I get this icky about once a year or less often if my control is good. First Simptom I use GLYCERIN BORAX locally even inside after I had a wash and it hurts burns a lot for a couple of seconds and then it's fine. Put it on as often as you can and you will be sorted if it's the same thing I have. I'm always fixed after a day if I put it on ASAP . Try it.

Chocoloca

Dear, try GLYCERIN BORAX locally after you washed. I get the icky once a year or less depending on my sugar control. As soon as I feel it icky a put some GLYCERIN BORAX on 2-3 times that day and it's sorted. Sometimes after I've put it on, (inside as well), it burns lots for a couple of sec and then it's fine. Before I found out about it I've been seen by 3 doctors had antibiotics new underwear the lot and nothing I was going mad... Try it and good luck. Hope you can find it in boots was about £2. It's nothing fancy but it works for me.

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
Hi all.
Sanober, what is sylk ? have heard about this but cant remember what its used for?
Chocoloca, no worries with your duplicate posts . :)
I too have suffered with repeated episodes of thrush, some worse than other times!
Have to mention here, with mine 2 things 'cause' this...
1. too high BG levels
2. the antibiotics I have had for repetitive infections of the sinuses and upper respiratory tracts.
My GP always prescribes me with the canestan duo packs, this does work with me but I always
add the benecol light probiotic once a day drinks. Plus I eat the greek yogurts too.
Once I get my BG levels 'down' it disappears :thumbup:
Hope this helps?
Anna.

BlindFaith

Funny you mention antibiotics.

I've had four lots...well three and a half (long story involving anaphylactic (sp?) shock...!) of antibiotics since January.
The first two were because I had two bouts of an infection in a healing biopsy on my leg and the others were when I was taken into hospital a couple of weeks ago.

So that's not going to have helped matters much!

Scoop4

I don't understand why you can't take the oral tablets and type 1 and due to high sugars had thrush and was given three tablets to take once a month for three months no problem getting them from the doctors but pharmasist not happy prescribing them. Still here and no side effects. The tampon covered in bio yogurt is heaven especially when it has just come from the fridge it cools the itch really well. Must admit it is a bit funny walking around the house with the smell of warm dairy products following me no questions from my family as they are used to my strange habits.

daisy3174

If your having stomach symptoms like these Blind Faith, could well be connected. After I have cleared up (temporarily) I begin agan with the stomach symptoms,vaginal thrush,then white burning tongue,sore throat,oral thrush, then heartburn (thrush spreading down or up whichever way it goes lol) headaches,then cold symptoms.After the Oral Capsule and the Weekly Flucazanole treatment, these symptoms all disapear but usually begin again after a few days.I am at a loss with mine, the last Oral treatment I had was last Friday, guess what symptoms are returning wondering if my boddy is getting used to the medication.I do believe that treatment sometimes has to be given daily for 6 months to clear up very bad cases.Maybe a 7 day course may clear you up,ask your doctor worth a try for some relief for you, you poor thing.

the antibiotics I have had for repetitive infections of the sinuses and upper respiratory tracts.
Just a thought,could it actually be the thrush causeing these things as I have had repeated sinus/ chest symptoms which seem to clear with thrush treatment.I refuse antibiotics as I dont want to make my thrush any worse than it is.
Another thought from reading up on Candida Overgrowth, which is probably what may of us have, would a 3 day fast maybe starve this thing off, sounds extreme, but Im getting desperate x

daisy3174

Oh and a few more symptoms I also have (just so that someone else can maybe relate to them) vague, almost constant headache, horrendous craving for sugary or starchy things and night sweats :cry: x

Ali H

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I too do not understand why you cannot take the tablet. Seems like a very odd thing to be told not to do. I would double check that advice. It says on the instructions if you have an intolerance to some sugars but it doesn't say on the Canesten stuff do not take if you are a diabetic. I think that is because it contains some form of sugar, possibly the coating, but it is a one off tablet so hardly going to impact much.

Ali

Ali H

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
But the OP states the Doc said it was due to the diabetes which is the curious bit. Not saying it isn't contraindicated with citalopram but if that is the case you would have thought the Doc would have explained that rather than attributing it to the diabetes?

Ali

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
daisy3174 said:
Oh and a few more symptoms I also have (just so that someone else can maybe relate to them) vague, almost constant headache, horrendous craving for sugary or starchy things and night sweats :cry: x
Hi daisy3174.
Please dont be offended by my thought on this, could you be peri menapausal , early menapause?
As most of you symptoms fit with this? Do check this out with your own GP first ...
I was drenched night sweats, forgetful, vague, dropping things daily [dropsy days I called these!]
Craved sugary things to combat the fatigue I was feeling.
Moody n emotional [mainly with my hubby]
Have to also mention here, gliclazide does increase the appetite I was always hungry with this drug.
Hope this helps Daisy, but as I say please dont feel or be offended as with your profile your young age.
I started my menapause at age 32 ... So this is why am thinking along these lines of you.
Anna.

daisy3174

Hi Anna, thanks,do you know the exact same thought has entered my head lately, I have been under a Gynaecologist lately for strange womens symptoms for which I had a endometrial biopsy done,ouch! (dont know results yet). My moods are ridiculous,I have always put it down to the wild sugar swings but everyone is saying how I have changed etc.Another thing which keeps happening is my face keeps flushing like its been set alight, it comes out of the blue.Didnt realise menopause could start so early,I shall get "googling". Blind Faith have you managed to find any relief for your symptoms yet? x

BlindFaith

Daisy - Things are a bit calmer in that area today, thankfully! :D
If it's any consolation, I get a few of the same symptoms that you do - headaches, feeling really hot, slight mood swings, being overly sweaty (especially at night but it happens any time of day) and feeling a bit like I'm getting a cold. It's a nightmare, isn't it?

(the calmness doesn't usually last long so I'm enjoying it while it lasts!!)
I'm hoping that the new meds I'm on will get my B.S under control a bit and that should make the thrush calm down.

I don't know why I was told I couldn't use the tablet; but it was two doctors and a pharmacist that said it so I'm not going to take any chances.

daisy3174

Oh I am glad your having some relief! Make sure you enjoy it while you can, good days seem to be few and far between these days.If only I could rewind a year, used to have so much energy, people always used to ask me where I got my energy from lol.I will have to try and zap some from my 6 year old! Yes there must have been some reason why they told you not to use the tablets and hopefully your thrush will subside when your sugars go down(fingers crossed).I am having a tough time with the Glicazide, talk about an upset stomach! And even when my sugar is in the 6s I feel hypo symptoms,sure I will get used to it,am terrified of putting on weight with it though x

Scoop4

I know what you mean looking back there was a time I would like to go back to I felt like super woman i was working, looking after 2 small children as well as been newly diagnosed.I also know what u mean about feeling hypo when sugar is not low. I felt this way when I had high sugars when I was first diagnosed had my first hypo symptom when my sugars were 9 it did ease off after my sugars were under 10 for a few week. Hope u feel better soon.

BlindFaith

Daisy - I'm so sorry you're having a bad time of it with the Glicazide. I had a really bad upset stomach with the Metformin; so glad I'm not taking that anymore!! I hope you start feeling a bit better soon (((HUG)))

Scoop - you should still feel like Wonder Woman! Working and looking after 2 children is hard, not to mention throwing a newly diagnosed medical condition. I don't know how you do it :lol:

I did test a theory a few days ago.
I wondered if there were certain foods that triggered a thrush attack and sure enough there were:
Bread and chocolate.

Chocolate was worse, with itching getting worse about 15 minutes after eating; bread took a little longer. So obviously doing the no bread/pasta/rice/chocolate/etc... is a good plan!!