Slim biome for weightloss

• Thread starter Deleted member 538891
  • Start Date
D

Deleted member 538891

Hi to all,

I thought I would try this to help with weightloss 3 times per day big mistake all it has done is increase my bs 20.6 how can I get my blood sugar back down to pre diabetes I have done walking today not happy now lol I have drunk lots of water but now feel bloated yuck.

Sparklebright62.

VashtiB

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello,

I'm not familiar with the product. From a quick google it looks like meal replacement shakes. is that right?

The reason meal replacement shakes may not help with your blood sugars is that they usually focus on calories rather than carbs. I couldn't find the nutritional values to confirm that.

For us type 2s it's the carbs that are the problem and it's the carbs that raise our blood sugar levels. Also some artificial sweeteners can also raise your levels- I know some have a very bad effect on mine so I need to avoid them.

Do you have the nutritional values?

SarahEN

I just had a look at it on the H&B site. Am I right that each sachet is 3g total? Even if it was 100% carbs, or even 100% sugar, 3 a day would be 9g carbs. I can't see that it would result in your high blood sugars on its own.

It also seems to contain a type of soluble fibre - so the bloating well be from that. It can take some time to get used to an increase in fibre content.

It might also be that you're abit unwell or something? That can cause bg spikes. Have you had your covid jab recently? Seen some anecdotal accounts that it can cause BG spikes for up to a few weeks after it.

Either way, I'd be inclined to sack it off. There are real food ways to feel fuller & get fibre, & for the vitamin & minerals part - a decent multi vitamin would work if you think you're not getting enough from food

Hope you feel better soon.