Slim fast Keto shake

Buzzer81

IMG_3590.jpg

I saw this slim fast keto range in Boots at the weekend. I decided to purchase and will give it a try for a week or two.

I wondered if anyone else has tried this range? Has it worked for you? Is it suitable for type 2 diabetics? The range also features snack bars as well.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Oops, meant to ask, are you using it in a Very Low calorie diet regime?
Also are you on any medication for your diabetes?

Buzzer81

I am prescribed both Metformin and a statin but i take neither. Metformin gave me chronic stomach issues.

I was intending to use it as a meal replacement. So it could replace lunch some days when I am so busy with work or I don’t have any food in. I have tried it for two days, it tastes good. Will monitor my blood sugar as well.

Reactions: Pipp

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks, @Buzzer81 . I was wondering if you were intending to do a Newcastle diet. Which , can assist with weightloss, and initial control of blood glucose levels, though some people have difficulty maintaing the advantages when they return to eating normal foods.
Please keep posting to let us know how it goes.
I asked about medication, because some meds could cause hypo with very low carb diets.
On checking the nutrition info it states 3.8g carb per serving, so it would support keto / low carb diet.

Reactions: Buzzer81

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I have used them but just for the odd meal replacement as I find them extremely sweet. They are quite filling though. I like the vanilla one best and probably the mocha one least. I have just bought 3 tubs of the Slimfast Keto Chocolate from Farmfood as they were selling them off, they cost me £4.99 per tub instead of the normal price of £10.00 /£15.00 plus. Sell by date is 2024 so time to store. They also had the Mocha ones at £2.99 but their sell by was in a couple of months. Don't know if they are in every store or if they are just local to me.