Slim Fast Meals (shakes)

Andyneored5

I watched the program the other night "fast fix, diabetes" did anyone else watch it? They had shakes for 1 month with great results weight wise, liver wise, blood sugar levels. Just wondered if anyone else has given this ago? If so what was your results like? I know it's going to be extremely hard but I'm thinking, I can do this.. what's your thoughts...

Thanks in advance..

Andy

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I cant stand shakes so wouldnt try it either regardless of the results. One thought of that shake going past my lips and I'd vomit (sorry to be so blunt but I have a phobia of thick gloopy stuff)

Reactions: dunelm

seanj67

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Give it a go Andy, see if it works for you - if you can test afterwards to see how it impacts on you. I tried SF for a while but found it spiked my BG too much for my liking. I sometimes use protein powder as a meal replacement now which works out cheaper and doesn't spike me...plus they have loads more flavours.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I watched the program the other night "fast fix, diabetes" did anyone else watch it? They had shakes for 1 month with great results weight wise, liver wise, blood sugar levels. Just wondered if anyone else has given this ago? If so what was your results like? I know it's going to be extremely hard but I'm thinking, I can do this.. what's your thoughts...

Thanks in advance..

Andy
Hi @Andyneored5, I got similar results by making beef bone broth (dead cheep), using that as fuel during the day and having a low carb meal in the evening (befor 8pm).
Did a lot of walking, dumped 15kg, sorted out my fatty liver and got my HbA1c down from over 80 to 38.
Can’t stand shakes but it might work for you.

Reactions: Andyneored5

Andyneored5

Hi @Andyneored5, I got similar results by making beef bone broth (dead cheep), using that as fuel during the day and having a low carb meal in the evening (befor 8pm).
Did a lot of walking, dumped 15kg, sorted out my fatty liver and got my HbA1c down from over 80 to 38.
Can’t stand shakes but it might work for you.
Wow.. Well done

Derbyshire Boy

Having only recently been diagnosed as Type 2 and with a HbA1c just over that all-important defining number, I'm trying a partial shake diet. I don't use Slim Fast shakes, but I do buy a very nice (salted caramel!) VLCD shake from a company called My Protein. So far, its working well and doesn't spike my blood sugar. I can recommend them anyway. They also do various other whey products some folks may find useful.

And no, I don't have any connection with the company... :)

Reactions: seanj67

seanj67

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My Protein, is my powder of choice. Double Choc, Mint Choc (tastes like mint Aero) & Coconut Choc are great.

There are 2 guys on Youtube that taste all the flavours one after the other and some seem to be rank, but it's funny to watch.

I just buy the normal whey protein, mix it with ice & a little milk and it's a nice meal replacement. They do Stevia versions too but I'm told they are very sweet. The normal ones don't seem to affect me much.

Reactions: Derbyshire Boy

Derbyshire Boy

My Protein, is my powder of choice. Double Choc, Mint Choc (tastes like mint Aero) & Coconut Choc are great.

There are 2 guys on Youtube that taste all the flavours one after the other and some seem to be rank, but it's funny to watch.

I just buy the normal whey protein, mix it with ice & a little milk and it's a nice meal replacement. They do Stevia versions too but I'm told they are very sweet. The normal ones don't seem to affect me much.
Yeah, the sweetness level does vary between their different whey products and some flavours are better than others. I don't have much of a sweet tooth, so I try to avoid those really sweet ones.

My wife loves the Choc Mint one though, but I'm less keen. I have a 1kg bag of Strawberry Cream flavour whey in transit, so we'll see if she likes that too. I may have to hide my whey, as she seems to have become addicted to it!

Julie27318

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I've been on slimfast shakes years ago trying lose weight but failed was only allowed one proper meal a day rest were shakes but loved the taste.....french vanillasurely they can't be good for Diabetics though their really sweet....well not ok if u have High blood sugar surely be as bad as eating cakes!!! i wouldn't like chance slimfast shakes with this!!!!

I am not tempted to try it because I would cheat as I love to eat something rather then have a shake
Oh, how right you are!! It's the feeling of munching on food rather than a quick shake. Every so often a shake would be good, but not a daily occurrence. Might just be me, but I need proper food!