Small Finger Pricker / Lancet

Pukwudji

Hi all,
Can anyone recommend a small finger pricker, I currently use a Softclix II which is OK, but would like to have one about half the size if possible?
I'm looking to streamline the amount of kit I have to carry around otherwise I'll end up with a Manbag :oops:
Steve

simonoconnor

Hi I have just bought the new Bayer USB meter and that comes with a lovely small finger pricker called Microlet 2. The smallest one I have ever had.
Hope it helps your search. :)

Pukwudji

Thanks Simon,
That looks good, but I can't tell from the pictures how big it is, can you give me rough measurements?
Steve

k9kitty

I don't know how big your softclix is but the pricker that comes with abbots freestyle lite is small, although not too gentle :cry:

Hobs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
Argumenative barstifferous (new word *lol*) types who think that they know everything *wink*
k9kitty said:
I don't know how big your softclix is but the pricker that comes with abbots freestyle lite is small, although not too gentle :cry:

It IS a tad harsh with Abbott's own lancet but I found that using a OneTouch Comfort lancet in the Abbott device set on No1 was far more gentle. I have also found the Comfort lancet fits into other devices and works better than the original with the best match being the MyLife Pura, which is totally painless and on setting No1 produces just enough blood (a speck) for my Nano meter to give a proper reading.

simonoconnor

Thanks Simon,
That looks good, but I can't tell from the pictures how big it is, can you give me rough measurements?
Steve

Hi I would say its about the size of a cigarette lighter and easily operated by one hand. Multiple settings and painless.

k9kitty

Hobs said:
It IS a tad harsh with Abbott's own lancet but I found that using a OneTouch Comfort lancet in the Abbott device .

Thank's for this advice. Tried it and it does give a gentle blood sample for my clever check meter.

x

Hobs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
Argumenative barstifferous (new word *lol*) types who think that they know everything *wink*