Small World

chalup

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
I live in a small town in Western Canada. I went for my doctors appointment today and mentioned to my doctor that I had been watching a series of videos by a professor Tim Noakes that I found via a UK forum (thanks @Indy51 ). Turns out my family doctor, who is from South Africa, studied under him for 4 years and tells me he is a very nice man as well as being extremely intelligent and well respected. Might explain why my doctor is all for low carb both for weight control and for diabetes control. It really is a small world.

Reactions: 8 people

DumfriesDik

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Carbs
That's a great example of 6 degrees of separation (or fewer!).

I was paddling the other day and met a chap in a kayak in the middle of the water and we bobbed around chatting for 15 minutes or so. He was a nice bloke called Bill.
Now I have been looking for a new kayak and have been scouring the internet when I found Swift Kayaks, so I sent them an email. The replay was from China and suggested I look at Headland Kayaks. I duly had a look at their website, contacted a chap who then suggested I talked with Bill. The very same Bill I was talking with on the water just a week before. Who would have thought?!

So I agree, it is a small World.

Reactions: 5 people