Smoking

lenipenny

Are they the ones that look like real cigs? I know quite a few people who use the big refilable ones with the lights on. Apparently it will cost about £45 but they all say its worth it

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Cartman65

Type of diabetes
Type 2
IMHO NRT just doesn't work.

If you want to stop killing yourself and those around you just go on the Internet and buy an Ego ecig starter kit. They cost about £50 and you get two batteries, two atomisers, a charger and some nicotine juice.

Just carry on your habit as normal, you won't get any withdrawals and you'll feel a lot better about yourself.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

zolabud

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Whelks,winkles... All crustaceous seafood except prawns. Can't do crab.lobster or scallops.
Don't like the way they are killed and cooked. Save our Scallops. SOS !!!
Also HATE evaporated milk.
I gave up smoking in Jan 2011 after a diagnosis of Emphasyma. So I had to give up or I would go the same way as my Dad,Sister,Partner and Uncle who all died young from Emphasyma and not one of them gave up smoking.

I had heard about E Cigs and took the plunge and spent £54 on a starter kit and it is one of the best things I have ever done.

It got me off the rollies and I haven't had 1 rollie since Jan 2011.

I am vaping on Orange today. I mix all my own juices as it's a lot cheaper than buying premade liquids and I can adjust the amount of nicotine I want.

PLEASE don't buy a cig a like. They are hopeless as the battery life is so small as the batteries themselves are so small.

The E Cig I bought about 3 months ago is a metal box which I charge (batteries are built in) and 1 charge lasts me 2-3 days. I get loks and questions when I am out and I always take time to explain what it is as if I can get one more convert that is one more life saved.

I don't work for any E Cig suppliers but I do know what are the best vendors to use as there are a lot of very bad E Cigs out there that are overpriced rubbish.

If anyone wants any pointers to a good starter kit please PM me. I will be glad to help.

To give you a taste here is a really good E Cig site. Run by a guy called Daz who really knows his stuff and sells some excellent stuff. And you can always ring him for advice. The world of E cigs is growing by the day and consequently there is a lot of new stuff out there. Some good,some not so good.

http://www.safercigs.co.uk/

I met Daz at the 2nd Vapefest which was held in Tamworth. The first Vapefest attracted 50 folks. So the next year they expected 100 and 350 turned up. That was the one I went to and it was a blast. The next year (last year) they thought 500 would turn up and Tamworth attracted 1,300.Now they are looking for a new venue as The Moat House in Tamworth can't cope with the numbers.

We have over 1 million vapers in the UK now and everyday someone decides to ditch the fags. I have saved £6,500 so far. In the last couple of years I have bought a new fridge freezer,a new washing machine,a new laptop,a new hoover (Dyson Animal) a memory foam mattress and I have savings and premium bonds.

In Jan 2011 I had no savings and was nibbling at my overdraft. It is very comforting to have a few quid stashed away....

If anyone wants a list of good UK vendors please PM me.

zolabud

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Whelks,winkles... All crustaceous seafood except prawns. Can't do crab.lobster or scallops.
Don't like the way they are killed and cooked. Save our Scallops. SOS !!!
Also HATE evaporated milk.
To give you an idea here is an Ego starter kit from Safercigs.

http://www.safercigs.co.uk/Vision_eGo65 ... 84082.aspx

It sells for £38 odd which I know sounds a lot but the batteries will last maybe 4 hours before they need recharging. Cig a like batteries have very small battery life. These are 650 mAh batteries which will probably last you about 6 months.

The 'clearos' are refillable tanks which you screw on to the end of the battery. You will need to replace these in time but you can often buy 5 at a time and save some dosh.

The E Cig liquid comes in nicotine strengths which are '0' nic. (Yes there are folk out there who do not want to smoke any nicotine,they just like to vape.) Vaping is extremely alike to smoking a cigarette.

12mg. If you were a light smoker 12mg will do for you.
18mg. Slightly heavier smokers would like this.
24mg. ( I vape on 24mg. I used to smoke 30 rollies a day)
36mg. For very heavy smokers.

There are hundreds of E Cig flavours out there.

There are tobacco flavours. Silk Cut,Old Holborn,Camel... You name a brand of cigarette there is a juice that mimics it.

Fruity flavours ( These are the ones I vape on ) Orange,Lemon,Mango,Apple,Blackberry....

Sweet flavours. 'Alcoholic' flavours...(Brandy etc.)

There is even a juice called 'Mary Jane'. No clues as to what that is supposed to taste of....

I buy my Nicotine juice from the US by the litre. I mix with Vegetable Glycerin ( From Boots or any supermarket,in the baking section) And I buy all my flavour concentrates from a firm in Poland. I pay for everything with Paypal. It is 2nd nature to me to make sure I have enough supplies.

Instead of having a packet of bacca,papers and a lighter I just always have a spare charged battery on me.

I love vaping !! It has changed my life.....