1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Smoothies?

Discussion in 'Low-carb Diet Forum' started by kitsunerin, May 19, 2017.

1. kitsunerin

kitsunerin Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Hey guys! I have a personal blender and am struggling to find any good recipes that are both diabetic-friendly and low carb! I know to avoid things like bananas etc, I have some frozen berries that I use in a small amount, but wondering if anyone else does smoothies, and what do you use?

Thanks!

2. Kristin251

Kristin251 LADA · Expert

I don't make smoothies as they digest too fast but there are loads of recipies using avocado!

3. Art Of Flowers

Art Of Flowers I reversed my Type 2 · Well-Known Member

There are some smoothies in the recipes on dietdoctor.com

One uses blueberries with coconut milk, lemon juice and vanilla extract and another uses strawberries with coconut milk, lime juice and vanilla extract.

4. Freema

Freema Type 2 · Expert

I do occasionally make smoothies lately with almond milk and berries and a little aots and some sucralose as a sweetener

one can make it with psylisium husk ( only a spoonful ) to make it thick or add some cream too.. but I have a limit in calories too which soon is blown away if I eat too much fat one can also add fresh coconut-meat and only take half a banana ...

for some reason I am not really longing to frink cale-smooties it just sounds too green for my taste-
    here are some other recipies , I haven´t tried them yet :

http://ninacheriefranklin.com/live-...s-low-sugar-smoothie-recipes-people-diabetes/

http://www.healthline.com/health/diabetes/diabetic-friendly-smoothies#4

5. Robkww

Robkww · Well-Known Member

Spinach and kale with water

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook