Snacks/Treats for T2 Diabetics ?

sofy

nuts, cheese, pork scratchings, cold meats..
I was on metformin .made me really ill ,and I put on 9lbs.i take none now .I just started using cinnamon,after a friend told me it works for blood sugar ,as mine wont cum down xx it is around 10 every time I test ,but hoping this will help .also on low/carb for weight lossxx

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@HelenHak thank you. That looks a really good website. I'm definetly going to try making them.

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I usually just forget about food until Mr B starts lurking with a hopeful expression on his non-low carb face, reminding me to re-fuel him. :D
Bless him! Mr S is not unlike this......! In fact he now uses the line 'I'm LOW!'. He's not diabetic, just married to a low-carber......
;)

Paddyxx

Type of diabetes
Type 2
What do you have as 'treats' knowing that you are T2 ?

I'm looking for 'safe' treats that won't sky- rocket my sugar levels.

That you might have to experiment with. For me, cheese works...nuts (Almonds...raw), found some lower carb yogurt cups (5g cabrs / 100 g). To avoid spikes don't have carbs by themselves, have a few crackers with cheese or peanut butter (natural PB, not the processed sweetened kind). Veggies...carrots / celery / cucumbers / brocoli with a little but of dip or ranch dressing.