Snapped lines?

FindingNemo

I have had my pump for 4 years and today, my line snapped. Never had this before and after last week, definitely didn't need it today. I Han't realised and I got very ill, very quick, it even scared me. I have only just stopped hovering over the 999 button. I have been so sick I have burnt my lips badly and everything aches. Have had plenty of insulin now, increased basal again etc and am now 23.6. Gonna let myself sleep now.

Has anyone had lines snap before? Looking at the line it is badly kinked in 5 places to te point of almost snapping. I can't tink that it was caught in anything, i can't see how it happened at all

jopar

nemo

What lines/sets do you use?

I've never had a line snap on me, a streatch yes but no problems though..

I work with dogs, and I did have a very large male staffie bull terrier, who was jumping up at me catch his back paw in my line, pump remained attached to my jeans, and infusion set stayed in place :shock: line though was rather streached to say the least, 60cm line ended up 130 cm long.....

It could be a manufactoring problem, so it would be wise to check batch numbers and use a different batch if you can, also give the manufacturer a phone about your concerns, hoepfully they will replace with a new batch...

Only other advise which I suspect you are already doing, is check the line more frequently to ensure all looks fine and/or change the lines more frquently....

diabetesmum

Type of diabetes
Type 2
FindingNemo,
Please do tell what pump/supplies you are using. This has happened to my little girl twice now. She is using an Animas 2020. I am going to phone them tomorrow - we don't have a cat or any other animals, so it can't have been that. She used an Accuchek Spirit for a year before swapping to the Animas and it NEVER happened in all that time. Very odd.....
Sue

FindingNemo

I use a Medtronic 712. I am 99.9% sure it was the kittens in this case. They had the opportunity and being a kitten is motive enough. Plus it happened in several places, in little groups of 2 splits, all the same width apart - kitten mouth width!!

It was a line that was a couple of days old, and hadn't been a problem til yesterday, it had to have happened during the morning, lots of puzzle pieces and they are all kitten shaped!

bonerp

I damaged the connector on mine yesterday without knowing! Then 3 hrs later got a occlusion and felt rough as for 4 hrs after!!! Bgs went up to 14.8.