SNOW IN SPRING ...

LaserMum

Type of diabetes
Type 2
My daughter has been sailing in Weymouth this weekend :crazy: - rather her than me! She's supposed to be sailing in the National Youth Championships (the most important event of the year for National Youth Squads) next week - guess where? - Largs, Ayrshire, Bonny Scotland! :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: I'm not too sure whether that event's going to happen! :lol: I wonder where she inherited her insanity from ?!
:thumbup: :wave: :roll:

izzzi

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi, LaserMum :)

Your daughter is going to love Largs. Make sure she has proper ice cream when she is there. If your with her "enjoy" no mater what the weather is like. Believe it or not a lot of young Italians come over to largs to learn English (actually waiter training as well).

The people are so nice in that lovely town.

Roy. :)

LaserMum

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi Roy, Thanks. We had a weekend event there a couple of years ago. Unfortunately, she won't get to see much of Largs. She travels all around the UK to sailing events but rarely gets to see the actual locations! She'll be spending all day, every day for a week at Largs Sailing Club (or the waters just off there). They're often on the water for several (I think about 8 is the record) hours a day. She sails a Laser Radial (hence the name LaserMum) - the women's Olympic single-hander.
I like the Scots anyway. Such friendly people. Especially if you're not English! :wink:

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
izzzi said:
Hi, LaserMum :)

Your daughter is going to love Largs. Make sure she has proper ice cream when she is there. If your with her "enjoy" no mater what the weather is like. Believe it or not a lot of young Italians come over to largs to learn English (actually waiter training as well).

The people are so nice in that lovely town.

Roy. :)

The last time I was in Largs, we sailed across to Rothesay on the Isle of Bute, I was a teenagerthen and absoltuley loved it. I want to go back so much and show my DD. Even though I was born in England,I am Scottish through and through,and so proud of that :D I even keep a scottish £5 note in my purse :thumbup: Remember poor Lena Zavaroni, she came from there .

RRB :)

LaserMum

Type of diabetes
Type 2
To return to the original topic, I believe that Largs is presently snowbound. The RYA (Royal Yachting Association) had some training arranged there and had to cancel it! I suppose we could rename my daughter's boat "Titanic"! :lol: Although I think she would have frozen to death before finding the icebergs! :crazy: