Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
LOL! Those mugs!
Round about that time at Easter, it was common to sell mugs with an easter egg in it. Usually kiddie sized mugs. I got the mug, but with the easter egg removed and recycled to some other kid :rolleyes: .
We're canny with cash "Oop North" :D

Signy

Novelty socks too...! That must have been the "foot thing"? Mostly with Winnie the Poo bear on.. Irony indeed considering what the animals diet mainly consisted of...!!

I actually owned up to my mum when she came back from a holiday & gave me a poo key fob a couple of years back.... While everyone else had a stickorock....
"But you always liked Poo bear" she said.. NO I ruddy didn't, he always talked like he had his head in a bucket.. & quite frankly gave me the creeps...!

Reactions: 4 people

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
You have to remember there's a lot of artificial colourings and flavourings (rubbish) in Jelly so I'd keep the portion size to a minimum and make one pint do for a week, whether you eat that in one go or over several days that it is up to yourself.

If your looking for something healthy to go with your cream (that is also low-carb) try eating strawberries or blueberries with it.

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
You have to remember there's a lot of artificial colourings and flavourings (rubbish) in Jelly so I'd keep the portion size to a minimum and make one pint do for a week, whether you eat that in one go or over several days that it is up to yourself.

If your looking for something healthy to go with your cream (that is also low-carb) try eating strawberries or blueberries with it.
Yes I totally agree with you noblehead. I was just going to write a post similar to this when I found you had already done one.

gfmoore

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
How is jelly made? Is it something you could do yourself? I seem to recall chef programs where some gelatin is used - is it the same stuff?

My wife usually does the cooking - because I'm a lazy fat slob who knows when he's been born :) - but I guess I should sort out my own stuff really. oh my life is ch ch changing. (Uhmm David Bowie song comes to mind!)

Reactions: 2 people

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
How is jelly made? Is it something you could do yourself? I seem to recall chef programs where some gelatin is used - is it the same stuff?

My wife usually does the cooking - because I'm a lazy fat slob who knows when he's been born :) - but I guess I should sort out my own stuff really. oh my life is ch ch changing. (Uhmm David Bowie song comes to mind!)

I'd imagine you be able to find some recipes on-line using fresh fruit as a flavouring and colouring for the jelly.

Heathenlass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Novelty socks too...! That must have been the "foot thing"? Mostly with Winnie the Poo bear on.. Irony indeed considering what the animals diet mainly consisted of...!!

I actually owned up to my mum when she came back from a holiday & gave me a poo key fob a couple of years back.... While everyone else had a stickorock....
"But you always liked Poo bear" she said.. NO I ruddy didn't, he always talked like he had his head in a bucket.. & quite frankly gave me the creeps...!

Muwhahahaha!:D:D

Oh dear gods, I thought I was the only person in the world who can't stand Winnie the Poo ! My ex brought home some frankly hideous mugs (!) with poo bear on them that "accidentally " got broken quite soon. I blamed the fact that they were cheap and nasty ;) *evil evil*

My favourite cartoon of all time shows a bunch of brown bears in a wood with Winnie stood in front of them. The bears are crying with laughter as one says:
You're called Winne the what ???? :D

Signy

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
Unknown.jpeg

Winnies gonna get ya!

Reactions: 6 people

Heathenlass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

There doesn't seem to be any evidence that all those E numbers are doing any harm...

Just look at our Andy ;):D:D

Signy

Reactions: 3 people

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My view is that you eat food for nutrition, and if it's got nothing in it but junk it's not nutritious and therefore not food. Yes, I know I'm in the minority here, but I threw out my sugar free jelly around 7 years ago when I was trying to get healthier. If I want a dessert I will have berries and cream or just a spoonful of cream on its own.

Reactions: 8 people

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
lol didn't you just get back from a beer drinking holiday? beer is ok but jelly is bad?:D

My view is that you eat food for nutrition, and if it's got nothing in it but junk it's not nutritious and therefore not food. Yes, I know I'm in the minority here, but I threw out my sugar free jelly around 7 years ago when I was trying to get healthier. If I want a dessert I will have berries and cream or just a spoonful of cream on its own.

K

Kat100

is it just me or is anyone else having the fantasy of trying to eat these jelly from these pots without a spoon? I'm contemplating making some in similar pots to try and see if i could suck the pots clean or if id have to plunge in and stretch out my tongue, i may spend some time today warming up and stretching my tongue so if i do try it i won't pull tongue muscles
Are you writing:***: or reading fifty tastes of jelly :D:jimlad::hungry::hungover::pompous:

Reactions: 6 people

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
lol didn't you just get back from a beer drinking holiday? beer is ok but jelly is bad?:D
Yep, exactly the reply I was expecting. It's better than jelly, there is some nutrition in beer, lots of micronutrients. My choice on holiday was between diet coke and beer, I view diet coke the same as I view jelly. No, it wasn't the perfect choice for a diabetic! But hey I'm over that now and lost 7.5 lbs this week, so I'm really not bothered about having a week off from being sensible. Now eating jelly as a hobby....never.:)

Last edited by a moderator:

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
Yep, exactly the reply I was expecting. It's better than jelly, there is some nutrition in beer, lots of micronutrients. My choice on holiday was between diet coke and beer, I view diet coke the same I view jelly. No, it wasn't the perfect choice for a diabetic! But hey I'm over that now and lost 7.5 lbs this week, so I'm really not bothered about having a week off from being sensible. Now eating jelly as a hobby....never.:)

lol okay, well done with the weight loss :)

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people

Far from the minority, that's a good way of looking at food Zand.

Reactions: 8 people

gfmoore

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
My lovely wife has just bought some jelly for me, can't wait!!! It makes a change. Food isn't just abut nutrition. It's about mouth feel and taste and playing with and trying to squirt it through your teeth and ...the wobble! yay.

Now if they made beer jelly! lol

Can't believe the difference in the carb content of different "flavours" One (Orange) is twice that of the other (strawberry)!!!

Reactions: 7 people

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
My lovely wife has just bought some jelly for me, can't wait!!! It makes a change. Food isn't just abut nutrition. It's about mouth feel and taste and playing with and trying to squirt it through your teeth and ...the wobble! yay.

Now if they made beer jelly! lol

Can't believe the difference in the carb content of different "flavours" One (Orange) is twice that of the other (strawberry)!!!

"trying to squirt it through your teeth and ...the wobble! yay."

very well put lol

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm not a fan of artificial sweeteners/flavours, but jelly, with cream is on my good list.

@zand has commented previously about having low cal soda addiction. I don't. If anyone starts experiencing jelly addiction, then they should stop immediately. (@Andy12345 thinking of you here!). But for the rest of us, I think it'll take a while, and is an acceptable risk. How much sweetener does a mix of jelly have? About the same as one can of coke? Maybe a tad more? Just watch for the withdrawal, and keep going. ;)

When I think what I've cut out of my diet... Jelly is ok. Definitely.

Anyway, the whole point of jelly is to justify half a bucket of cream! Let's keep a sense of proportion!

Oh, and as for beer... goodness. There is no comparison at all. It's liquid bread. Or poison. :hungover: Madness I say! Madness!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
K

Kat100

Yep, exactly the reply I was expecting. It's better than jelly, there is some nutrition in beer, lots of micronutrients. My choice on holiday was between diet coke and beer, I view diet coke the same as I view jelly. No, it wasn't the perfect choice for a diabetic! But hey I'm over that now and lost 7.5 lbs this week, so I'm really not bothered about having a week off from being sensible. Now eating jelly as a hobby....never.:)
Hi zand big hugs for the weight loss that is really great .....Kat x