Some comments on I-PORT, please?

indriel

Hello,

I would like to know if somebody has tried it out and knows how it works (and if it works ;) ). It is advertised as a device that reduces the number of skin punctures to 1 per three days.

I would like to hear some comments from some I-Port user. It's been available for some time in America, and I received information that it would soon be available in the EU, too.

Many many thanks in advance,
I.

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
Hi indriel.

I am not an I-Port user. I only inject twice daily. Can see it might have some merit.

I had a look at the website and the product video. Seems a good idea if you are injecting several times a day ?

The actual device looks a bit 'clunky' ? Has it passed any safety tests and is it hygenic ?

Not sure the women would be too impressed with the obvious bulge under clingy clothes ? OK if you always wear roomy stuff though.

Have you any idea what sort of price this retails at in the States ? Any ideas as to a projected UK launch ?

Ken.

indriel

Hello Ken,

Well, that's just the point, it seems like a good idea :), I read some patients' stories, but haven't heard anything yet directly from an adult user.

As for information I have - its launch in Europe (not only UK) is only a matter of days. About the safety tests - I suppose they wouldn't have allowed the distribution if it didn't have appropriate certificates. It's medical equipment after all. And insulin pumps are attached to the body for 72 hours, too, so I guess there shouldn't be any hygenic issues. According to the information they put on the EU distributor's website, it's 100% safe, provided you maintain the normal hygenic standards. One has to do it anyway, so... :).

The price - no idea yet, but I suppose it should be affordable. Anyway, many thanks for your reply.

Best,
I.