Julie1471

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Having high blood sugars!!!!!
Sometimes,
I think I want to get of this ride, and that I've had enough. I have one hand to test from, as my left hand is bone and I have no proper fingers to test from, but I think I'm going to and see how much it hurts. If I can bear the pain I will test from it. But I would really to try and test from. It's taking me 2 or 3 goes to blood out my fingers. And hubby will do my ears, but he works shifts. Just feel fed up. And I need a good kick up the backside to get me motivated to get me out of this feeling sorry for myself. So feel free to kick.

Dzialo

I'm 21, and as the doc told me the younger you get it the more difficult it is to handle it. Like that he tried to cheer me up that I shouldn't feel bad because there are millions of kids age 5 or 6 that get diagnosed and in a way I'm lucky that I got it by 21. So the same goes for you I'm 21 and handling it with a smile so there's no reason AT ALL why you shouldn't be doing the same :)

Julie1471

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Dzialo, I've been type1 for 33years this month, and when my fingers get rough skin it's taking 4 or 5 does to get blood , even to the extent I go close to the pads as only able to use 1 hand. Next question??

iHs

Julie, I thought of you this morning and remembered something a friend told me about a while ago and that was to prick the end of yr big toe and use the droplet of blood for the test. I did it myself this morning and then compared the test by doing another one about 1min later using my finger and there was no difference at all. So thats an option to think about when its convenient. Another one is the lower arm and also, the tummy

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Engineer88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Julie have you thought about looking into CGM? might be an option for you to at least reduce tests to 3/4 a day? would that work?

Julie1471

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Thanks iHs, I'll give that a go and Engineer88, I go back to Kings next month and see my DSN, so I'll have a chat with her and see what she says. That would help. My fingers are just so sore and it's really getting on my nerves.

Julie1471

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Noblehead, asked that when I first saw Prof in Oct last year and she doesn't rate it :-(.iHs will that work with the Vibe pump do you know??(your far more better, with these things :) ). And what's the difference between that and the Dexcom??