Sooil dana R

Engineer88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Morning all, does anyone have one of the above? Any downsides or watch outs please?

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Are you thinking of Android APS with it? I know that most clinics in the UK won't provide it due to there being only one source of supplies (Advanced therapeutics) and those supplies being expensive. It doesn't use a standard Luer Lock and you need to use the Sooil batteries as well.

If you are thinking about it for Android APS purposes, I'd wait for a bit as the Combo is currently in testing and will be available soon.

Engineer88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Are you thinking of Android APS with it? I know that most clinics in the UK won't provide it due to there being only one source of supplies (Advanced therapeutics) and those supplies being expensive. It doesn't use a standard Luer Lock and you need to use the Sooil batteries as well.

If you are thinking about it for Android APS purposes, I'd wait for a bit as the Combo is currently in testing and will be available soon.
I was thinking APS yes Tim. I only have until October and my clinic will only do animas or Medtronic as standard ;/

How soon are you talking for the combo? I'm not hugely keen as its not waterproof

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
I was thinking APS yes Tim. I only have until October and my clinic will only do animas or Medtronic as standard ;/

How soon are you talking for the combo? I'm not hugely keen as its not waterproof
To be fair, the only loopable pump that is is the Dana-R. People are still managing okay on the old medtronics though, and you can't loop when swimming anyway, as the radio signal between the CGM transmitter and phone gets stuffed up in the water.

Engineer88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Not an issue with looping while swimming, its more the odd occasion I get to have a bath/ the kids decide a water fight is most appropriate thing to do. also being out with the dog when its peeing down, just takes the stress away.