Sore feet hot feet and aching legs

Tina321

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi I'm type 2 diabetic and just gone onto insulin, every now and then my feet hurt is this the diabetics? Also I've been struggling to sleep because I have to keep moving my legs it's driving me nuts can anyone give any advice please

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Tina - your pains could be related to your diabetes, but not necessarily so. It's something you need to discuss with your Doc, just in case there is something else n ending a bit of attention.

The supplement @Mike D mentions, is R-ALA, whichever many believe helps with the repair of nerve damage. R-ALA is the stronger variant on ALA.

R-ALA is prescribed in main stream medicine, in Germany for the treatment of some nerve pain.

Whatever the cause of your pain, good, tight diabetes control will help your overall health.

Reactions: Diabeticqueen99

Antechinus

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Could be restless leg syndrome. Feet do hurt from time to time; lots of reasons for this. You have to be very specific regarding symptoms, and we are not allowed to diagnose here. But having to move legs when in bed sounds like restless leg syndrome. I had it for years, improved with stretches and balancing tone of quads and hamstrings. Still get it when a particular muscle group in lower leg gets tight. Have to get up, stretch, go back to bed.

Tina321

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks guys, I'm seeing diabetic nurse next week so will discuss it with her