Sore Wrists and Ankles?

mum to lewis

Hi,

My son lewis who is 9 was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes in february 2nd 2011.He also has idiopathic scoliosos for which he wears a back brace 23 hrs a day.Lewis is now complaining of sore wrists,ankles and heels.I have noticed that he is very stiff sometimes.Would this be related to diabetes in anyway? This has been going on for about 6 weeks now so first thing tomorrow im going to phone doctors and get an appointment.

Any advice would be appreciated.Im now really worried,I thought 2012 was going to get better! it looks not!

Thanks Again
Janette xx

Jen&Khaleb

Dislikes
Not having enough time. Broken sleep.
Sorry to say I've never heard of this in another T1 child. Has he been checked for arthritic conditions? I feel your pain of getting one diagnosis after another. Gets depressing but at the same time you have to appear strong. Hope you get some answers.

T1ram

Hi I know this is very late but I'm new to this forum. I am T1 and also have scoliosis. I was diagnosed with scoliosis when I was 8 and diagnosed with T1 diabetes when I was 13. I had to wear a spinal brace 23 hours a day however that was when I was 12 and therefore not diabetic. I can't say that I ever had problems with sore wrists and ankles. Hopefully the brace treatment works for your son and that everything has been sorted out. If you have any questions re scoliosis and diabetes then I am happy to talk.
Esme