Soreness

foxglove

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Spiders - especially the big black ones!
I have started to get some very painful soreness at the top of and inbetween my legs. I have some antibiotic cream that I use on the scar on my back when it occasionally breaks out in a sore but despite trying this it has not had any effect on this other area. I have tried Sudocream but it is very painful to apply to an "open" sore.
Has anybody else had this or knows how to deal with it?

anniep

You need to go to your doctor, it maybe something like thrush, and if it is antibiotics and sudocreme will make it worse.

Do you have a local drop in centre you can go to? If it is a fungal infection the right cream will ease the symptoms very quickly.

k9kitty

Is this soreness occurring when your bg is a bit higher?
I had a purple raw patch in the folds on skin on my body including groin and my GP gave me a steroid cream to use which soothed things a bit. I also suffer from thrush infections but the creme for that didn't work. Also tried Sudocreme which did irritate it a lot although I use it for a sore nose when I have a cold etc. Apparently this product has zinc oxide which acts as a barrier on skin so may not be suitable if your sore patch needs air to heal. What really helped was lowering my bg, when it goes higher the purple patch flares up again. So do check you finger prick results and see if the soreness ties in with a rise in blood glucose.
Hope you find something to soothe it but do let GP or practice nurse have a look and tell them what things you have tried already.

foxglove

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Spiders - especially the big black ones!
Thanks for your help.
I have managed to keep the area dry and am now using Sudocrem to keep it at bay which seems to be working okay up to now.
I had thought about the Bg level aspect and wi8ll have to check that more often. Unforunately I am now going thro' another patch of being very lax about that (and everything else really)
Just get soo fed up with being in such a lot of pain with my back being as it is as I am spinabifida.
No lectures PLEASE!!