South Beach Diet- Gluten Free

Sznn61

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Anyone done this diet?

Want to start with me? About 40 kg to lose.

I've a daughter with Celiac and though i tested negative, i definitely have a wheat (or gluten?) sensitivity. Swollen joints and red face like a sunburn when i eat wheat...

Diagnoses last week, i am going to try this diet as soon as i am not nauseated from the metformin.

A big incentive is that a friend will join me. She did it last year and i watched her good results.

Low carb, high fat. Gluten free.

A week into the reality of Type 2, i am thinking, the diagnosis will save my life, improve the quality of the rest of it.

Suzanne

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Mr B likes the South Beach. He's done the induction a few times, always with good results.

The problem comes when those first two weeks are over and he starts reintroducing the carbs. At this point, the weight loss slows, which discourages him, and the carb portions seem to whet his appetite, rather than satisfying him.

So the inevitable result is that he falls off the diet fairly quickly.

He is the first person to admit that he looooves carbs (came from a big family where they were fed large amounts of potato and bread to fill them up and keep the costs down), and portion control is always a problem.

For him, the best option would probably be to do the induction phase in bursts, rather than heading for months of teensy carb portions.

N.B. He has 'normal' blood glucose levels, so your diabetic reactions may be very different.