Spike App- Alarm Settings.

CranberryIce

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I started using the MM with the spike app yesterday. All went well until I had a low last night- but no alerts from the Spike App.

I did set an alarm to alert me for lows but when I went to check this morning it appeared I hadn’t.

This is a screenshot of what I can see:
IMG_5648.jpg

I cant scroll down any further- for the ‘save’ button- I was told there is one? I have reset my phone- made no difference.

Any ideas?

@Scott-C @Mel

CranberryIce

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
^ Scrap that. Apparently I was using my phone in ‘Zoom’ mode (had no idea I was). Now I have changed my settings I can see the save option.

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
You also need to go into the Alarm section of the settings menu to set the type of alarm you want. It’s quite time consuming to set everything up, because it’s just so customisable.

Reactions: CranberryIce

CranberryIce

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Looks like I will be playing around with this for a while. Loving it already :)

CranberryIce

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Mel is there an option to show how much basal I have given? I can see how to add bolus doses.

(Silly question) But do you still scan with the libre? I am thinking about hospital appointments and sharing data with DSN’s.

I there a way of downloading the data the Spike app collects?

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
@Mel is there an option to show how much basal I have given? I can see how to add bolus doses.

(Silly question) But do you still scan with the libre? I am thinking about hospital appointments and sharing data with DSN’s.

I there a way of downloading the data the Spike app collects?
There is, but not on MDI. You need to set up a Nightscout account, and you can enter pump settings in that - which then feeds back into Spike. Spike doesn’t share with Diasend or Librelink, but it will feed in yo Apple HealthKit if you use that.

I do still regularly scan with both my scanner and my phone, I have both connected to Diasend and Librelink, and have opted to share with my clinic - means that if I have an issue, they can see what’s going on without me going in and we can resolve issues over the phone. I upload my Omnipod control unit every couple of days (if I turn my laptop on, basically), because that has all my dose and carbs logged into it. The phone automatically uploads to both systems, and I use the scanner as a backup and to do blood and ketone tests.

You can generate reports using the Spike data, but you need to set up a Nightscout site/account for that. It’s a bit of a technical job, but doable, there are relatively straightforward steps here: http://www.nightscout.info/wiki/welcome/set-up-nightscout-using-heroku It looks daunting, but if you start at the beginning and just work your way through it, you’ll get there. It’ll give you some more advanced stuff, like BG predictions, and the ability to log temporary basals etc, more for pump users, really. But you can have a loved one download their app, and as long as you all have interwebs, they can see your data. My husband gets an alarm if I crash, so he knows to check on me if I don’t respond to him texting go ask if I’m ok. It’s a useful safety net.

CranberryIce

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
There is, but not on MDI. You need to set up a Nightscout account, and you can enter pump settings in that - which then feeds back into Spike. Spike doesn’t share with Diasend or Librelink, but it will feed in yo Apple HealthKit if you use that.

I do still regularly scan with both my scanner and my phone, I have both connected to Diasend and Librelink, and have opted to share with my clinic - means that if I have an issue, they can see what’s going on without me going in and we can resolve issues over the phone. I upload my Omnipod control unit every couple of days (if I turn my laptop on, basically), because that has all my dose and carbs logged into it. The phone automatically uploads to both systems, and I use the scanner as a backup and to do blood and ketone tests.

You can generate reports using the Spike data, but you need to set up a Nightscout site/account for that. It’s a bit of a technical job, but doable, there are relatively straightforward steps here: http://www.nightscout.info/wiki/welcome/set-up-nightscout-using-heroku It looks daunting, but if you start at the beginning and just work your way through it, you’ll get there. It’ll give you some more advanced stuff, like BG predictions, and the ability to log temporary basals etc, more for pump users, really. But you can have a loved one download their app, and as long as you all have interwebs, they can see your data. My husband gets an alarm if I crash, so he knows to check on me if I don’t respond to him texting go ask if I’m ok. It’s a useful safety net.

Thank you! Will have a look at setting that up. :)

I have made a Diasend account, still not got around to using it yet. I am hoping it will be straight forward. I know my hospital/conception clinic use diasend so I really need to get familiar with it.

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Thank you! Will have a look at setting that up. :)

I have made a Diasend account, still not got around to using it yet. I am hoping it will be straight forward. I know my hospital/conception clinic use diasend so I really need to get familiar with it.
Diasend is a very powerful tool, gives really detailed analysis. Well worth learning your way around, the app is a bit rubbish compared to the website based aspect of it.

CranberryIce

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Diasend is a very powerful tool, gives really detailed analysis. Well worth learning your way around, the app is a bit rubbish compared to the website based aspect of it.

You have answered my next question. May bug you on it later once I have had a little play around with it :)