Spike app.....HELP!!!!

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Have signed up for the Spike app. Have created an account with Github, all good so far........how do I get the Spike app onto my phone????? Not for me, tis for my nephew......TIA

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Download it from Google Play Store or App Store?

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Download it from Google Play Store or App Store?
Its not on the App store. We have created a Github account BUT will not take me to where we need to download the APK file

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Its not on the App store. We have created a Github account BUT will not take me to where we need to download the APK file
Yes it is. It is called Spike Diabetes Assistant.

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Yes it is. It is called Spike Diabetes Assistant.

Thank you BUT I am after the one that will get readings off my Libre and send it to my phone via the Miao Miao. BUT thank you for letting me know about this other Spuike App :)

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
If it is like xDrip then you will need to find the Releases from GitHub download and install on the phone.

This MIGHT be the link you need.

https://github.com/static-dev/spike-records/releases
You have to apply for the App from the Spike website, BUT the instructions after are really non helpful. My nephew has applied and verified his email and signed up for Github BUT can't get anywhere with it as there is no download for the APK anywhere to be seen......grrrrr modern technology lol

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you BUT I am after the one that will get readings off my Libre and send it to my phone via the Miao Miao. BUT thank you for letting me know about this other Spuike App :)
Sorry, didn't think there would more than one called Spike.

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Sorry, didn't think there would more than one called Spike.
Don't be sorry. This diabetes malarkey is awkward......and getting more awkward with more technology and the same name on apps lol

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
OK looking back that link might not help sorry

Guess you have tired this one?

https://spike-app.com/#
Yeah that's where he originally sent the application in to get the app. He has had an email thru BUT it isnt easy to follow. I have told him to join the FaceBook Spike App page and ask for help on there! Thanks for the links btw :)

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Yeah that's where he originally sent the application in to get the app. He has had an email thru BUT it isnt easy to follow. I have told him to join the FaceBook Spike App page and ask for help on there! Thanks for the links btw :)
Woohoo. We sorted it. It always helps when you read ALL the instructions